2020 Harley-Davidson Lineup! - Page 11 - VTXOA
 78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
Come on, the three Harley owners defending their brand on this thread are the only thing keeping this thread going. If you are going to hold a stick for crying out load poke the damn hornets nest. Some one start using strong language or something please or I swear I'm going to start a Christians verses the others thread.
oh, its been poked.

The HD guys today don't hold a candle to the those that fought the war that went on when the VTX came out. In 2002-2006 there was a massive fight because HD didnt have anything that could take a VTX stock. Well maybe the vrod, but that is a girls bike. Of course if you are into that then thats cool - no judgement here.

Times change and HD has stuff now that is as fast or even perhaps faster than the VTX. It isn't the same fight - giving HD 15 years to catch up to honda and not having any real new honda's released in the same time frame.

HD quality wise is probably fairly reasonable. After all, they had 115 years to figure out how to make an engine that doesn't leak oil.

Are they worth the money? Thats up to you. I wouldn't buy one unless it was liquid cooled. And $10k cheaper.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 05:13 PM

Well one thing they weren't trying to do was fast. Closest thing was a vrod? They never got into the sport bike market, but maybe cause they knew they would have been destroyed by Japs, Germans, Italians, etc.
Metal vs. chrome was mentioned previously. Personally, I have always been a fan of the plastic covers, fairings, etc. Metal will not save you on a bike. It's more$ and cost more to replace. Then you have the weight factor. I would rather have plastic on something that weighs 800-1000 pounds. Try to keep it light is my motto. My sport bike weighs 430 wet. And it's a 1000.
I know guys who spend thousands trying to reduce the weight. Even changing screws.
I have nothing against Harley. All the trash talk is fun (for most). They are just not for me....(currently)

Last edited by cc rider; 09-06-2019 at 05:16 PM.
post #103 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Downer View Post
Sounds boring, except for the bike wash.

Then again, how sad is it for the overweight, hot dog eating mo-foes that the only way to get close to a hot chick is to pay them to wash your bike.
For Harley it's all about selling a bike to any kind of body that will sign on the dotted line. Whatever it takes, even if it's hot girls washing bikes, Harley does these promotions to draw bodies to the dealership hoping anybody will buy something.
StarrRider likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page