2020 Harley-Davidson Lineup! - Page 8 - VTXOA
 78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 04:48 PM

I ride with a group of 9 riders. All have Harleys. Two just went out and traded for 2020s at the Harley shop. The only modification I had to do to my 1300c was add a handheld CB so they could not talk about me when riding. I have put 55,000 miles on with most of the group. Sure we kid each other but they don't mind what I ride. I tell them that I have to think about what I am going to wear for the ride and all they have to do is find what they have that says Harley Davidson (hats, shirts, coats, etc.) on them. I don't wear a vest with any patches. I collect patches from where we go but just have them in a drawer to remind me where I have been. I am one that believes the value of something is what someone is willing to pay for it. So if you want a HD buy it. I had a couple of the riders I ride with, they do 9,000 mile trips, say that Harley shops are everywhere if you have a problem. That why they picked a Harley. I think they have the Harley fever and won't admit it.
RBS and StarrRider like this.

2007 VTX 1300C Black

Last edited by LaidBackLane; 09-03-2019 at 04:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidBackLane View Post
I had a couple of the riders I ride with, they do 9,000 mile trips, say that Harley shops are everywhere if you have a problem. That why they picked a Harley. I think they have the Harley fever and won't admit it.
You don't have problems if you ride Honda. Therefore, no shops needed 😁
RBS and DrDolittle like this.
post #73 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc rider View Post
You don't have problems if you ride Honda. Therefore, no shops needed 😁
Just looking at the tech board proves you are right!
StarrRider and DrDolittle like this.

post #74 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:02 PM

Send a message via AIM to gorgesone Send a message via MSN to gorgesone Send a message via Yahoo to gorgesone
HD..isnt worth the time or $$$..to back it up...i would have VTX.or ANYTHING but HD..
post #75 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgesone View Post
HD..isnt worth the time or $$$..to back it up...i would have VTX.or ANYTHING but HD..
Haters gotta hate!

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #76 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 09:21 PM

I would get an HD. I just don't like what they have compared to the other manufacturers. Never have. They need to step up their game to make me a customer
post #77 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
Haters gotta hate!

I bought a shirt for my wife. It reads, "I support two teams. The Red Sox....and whoever is playing the Yankees". As a lifelong Sox fan I have no problem "hating" the Yankees. But then, I'd ride anything that would get me where I wanted to go, even a pink Schwinn if it was all that was available. Methinks ole gorgesone would take a Harley and ride it hard if it was offered to him.
Harkon likes this.

M8 Fat Boy S Bonneville Salt Pearl

post #78 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Most people when buying any product the human instinct is to get most value for your money because you work hard for your money. A guy that is conservative with his money is more likely to chose a Honda because it is a reliable motorcycle at a much lower price than Harley and Honda is overall a pretty good motorcycle as far as performance and comfort. A guy that is more of a spender with his money is more likely to chose a Harley over a Honda more because of the cool factor and popularity of the motorcycles because there are so many Harleys out there, he ignores the cost factor when getting a Harley.
post #79 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:44 AM

The electric bike is a non-starter IMHO. millenials are not going to pay a premium for a brand name unless it is super technologically advanced. I think we can all agree that "super technologically advanced" and "Harley Davidson" do not go together......

Someone will have to pick up HD if they can't figure this mess out - they will have no alternative but to agree to being purchased to stay alive. When HD stumbles harder - do you think it is an opportunity for Polaris? What an interesting concept - indian and HD made by the same company.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #80 of 103 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 11:00 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Here's where Honda went wrong, thinking people only want a touring bike that is a Goldwing. I don't like the Wing's engine, I want a V-Twin touring bike. They don't make those therefore I had to go elsewhere. As far as the "Honda's are cheaper...." I'll say this again...it depends on what type of bike you're looking at. Cruisers, yep Honda has cheaper models. But touring lines, the Wing is more expensive than the Ultra Classics

PS.....I said this over a decade ago.....if Honda had made a true touring bike out of the VTX platform, I would have owned it. By true tourer I mean, 6 speed trans, cruise control, hard bags and full fairing and touring suspension, radio and GPS and all that. It would have been a great tourer
RBS and Harkon like this.

AMA Life Member 721314

Last edited by Chicago-Spike; 09-04-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page