I need to put my name on the Wall of Shame - Page 2 - VTXOA
 33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Thank goodness I have extended coverage through my work. Physiotherapy is not covered under the provincial Health Plan. By the way, there is no such thing as no medical bills. Whatever you don't pay upfront you pay through extremely high taxes! The Canadian model when it comes to Health Care is pay me now or pay me later.
RBS and smurfy71 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:13 AM

No shame brother, it happens. Hope your arm gets feeling better as our riding season is coming to an end.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Stuff happens unfortunately, I hope you get over this soon MrJo. Not a MC story, but my son and a friend of his built a new big porch and deck, steps and a ramp (for future use) for us recently to replace the old smaller one that was falling apart. The floor of the old deck was level with the door threshold and that's what we've been walking across for 20 something years. The floor of the new one is slightly lower making it a 3 to 4 inch step up into the house. Pretty small yes, but people are creatures of habit. The first day we used it, we all three tripped going into the house, me first and I fell hard, then after telling me to watch out for that step my wife tripped on it, and a few hours later our son who built it also tripped on it, but he was able to recover his balance before going down and my wife was ok. I jammed up the two middle fingers on my right hand real good breaking my fall and have a sore back and am sore all over. After a week it's getting somewhat better but the fingers are still tender and it hurts to use the vtx front brake. None of us ever tripped on it again, and I got one of those rubber door matts that's like a small ramp, elevated on one side, just for good measure.
lofty likes this.

2003 VTX 1800R

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

I guess if there's any consolation to the story, is that the riding season here in Ontario Canada is coming to an end within the next six to eight weeks or so. My morning commute to work has becoming much more chili and I need to use my good old electric vest to keep me warm during that cold commute.
For me the biggest pain I go through is the pain of not riding probably for the next five to six months of the year due to the Long Cold Winters we have here in the Northeast. The only therapy for that is if I had the time and money to move to a warmer climate.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 12:32 PM

It was 45 here this morning on my ride to work.

2003 VTX 1800R
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 01:11 PM

Yeah, we're seeing closer to freezing here in the mornings. Still getting into the 60's and 70's during the day, some days, but the mornings are definitely dress for warmth rides.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 01:34 PM

Garage
Yeah, stuff happens. Sorry to hear you're in pain and wishing you speedy recovery so that you can enjoy the nice fall weather before winter hits.

I can tell you from personal experience that the engine guards (crash bars) help stop the bike from falling over completely and they make it easy to get the beast upright solo.
Though I would never admit to dropping the bike. Ever. That never happened. Never ever. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Feel better.

VTX 1800C
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the well wishes! I guess for me the pain of Shame is much more than any physical pain. That's why I had to get it out on some forum because it is so unlike my character to be that irresponsible and not put down the kickstand when fumbling for my keys. I guess if there is any positive lesson from here is that I am going to be much more Mindful and not ever, ever make the same mistake again!
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 02:39 PM

wishing you a full recovery brother, i have few aches and pains from wrestling the bike around over the years.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...0-img-0531.jpg
2007 VTX 1300R Pearl Challenger Brown (aka Titanium)
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjo1340 View Post
Thanks for the well wishes! I guess for me the pain of Shame is much more than any physical pain. That's why I had to get it out on some forum because it is so unlike my character to be that irresponsible and not put down the kickstand when fumbling for my keys. I guess if there is any positive lesson from here is that I am going to be much more Mindful and not ever, ever make the same mistake again!
I said that the last time I almost dropped the bike.

and the time before that.....

and the time before that.....

and the time before that....

RBS likes this.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page