Burn Outs - Page 3 - VTXOA
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

I fully respect other people's habits despite draining the wallet and destroying their equipment. I will reiterate that I still fail to understand the enjoyment in this. Yes and if I have to ask I guess I just cannot and will not understand. Don't get me wrong here, I have done and sometimes still do plenty of foolish things that drain my wallet. Some which unfortunately due to the moderator that can't discuss on this forum. I guess at the end of the day, if it makes you happy and to get your rocks off keep doing it!

Last edited by Mrjo1340; 10-15-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:19 PM

Garage
Amen to that brother just seems so childish and dumb to me, I guess to each his own but I'll be ridding while there working on their bike changing a clutch or tires. I have been on a bike for 53 years and never would think of doing burnouts but that's me!
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:14 PM

I'm 46. I do burn-outs whenever possible. Not the BS pansy @$$ ones where you prop your front tire up against a wall either. Why? Well, I look at it like this.... Doing burn-outs on a bike is like riding a bull. Especially on the VTX with a 200 rear tire. The more you do them, the scarier they get because you always want to push it a little bit further. For me, it's for the adrenaline dump. The fact that I survived yet another long, smokey, squirrelly burn-out is just a feeling I crave. So it shaves some miles off the tire... so what? Are burn-outs for everybody? Hell no. Do I care what you think? Nope.
Harkon, Kn!ght and DrDolittle like this.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaica Joe View Post
I'm 46. I do burn-outs whenever possible. Not the BS pansy @$$ ones where you prop your front tire up against a wall either. Why? Well, I look at it like this.... Doing burn-outs on a bike is like riding a bull. Especially on the VTX with a 200 rear tire. The more you do them, the scarier they get because you always want to push it a little bit further. For me, it's for the adrenaline dump. The fact that I survived yet another long, smokey, squirrelly burn-out is just a feeling I crave. So it shaves some miles off the tire... so what? Are burn-outs for everybody? Hell no. Do I care what you think? Nope.
See, he gets it!

I will bet he giggles like a kid every time too. Your bike, your wallet, your rules. Just be responsible about it. I also laugh my arse off when the bike gets away from some kid who doesn't know what they are doing. I laugh and I laugh ...
RBS likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:57 PM

Want an adrenaline dump,do like I do and take some of those posted corner speeds at double the posted #. Works every time for me.
RBS and lofty like this.
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:12 PM

As you can see, you will get as many varied answers as you have members. For the life of me I don't understand why someone would pay top dollar for a "muscle car" and then drive it forever after at the speed limit or less while holding up the rest of us Beetles and Pintos and Vegas (I'm dating myself here, and I didn't even bring flowers). However, when someone asks why anyone would need a 15-rd magazine in their pistol, or a bad-ass looking AR-15, I point to the 'vettes and Hemi's as an answer.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Now you're going down a different path. Because there is no such thing as too much ammo. Not going to get into it but those who know ,,know what I mean.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 11:27 PM
Senior Pirate

Burnouts are too slow for me.
lofty and Kn!ght like this.

2014 Valkyrie F6C 1800

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhyMU9BG6Ao

Red Knights MC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page