Well, I found Ethanol Free Gas... - Page 2 - VTXOA
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 10:17 AM

I live in northern Pa near the NY border, NY has lower state gas tax so that is where I get gas. Non-ethanol is abundant in the Binghamton/Vestal area. Cash or credit 10% ethanol 87 is 2.69 and ethanol free 93 is 3.17. My LT needs premium and I run the 93.
https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CT

05 1300R -sadly sold 04 BMW K1200LT - Luxury Tourer, smooth efficient quiet power,sporty mile eater 05 BMW F650GS - rugged and elegant adventure tourer, does it all well, high speedcruising to rough dirt roads
IBA: SS1000,SS2000, SS3000, BBG1500, 50CC, UCC, LGL1000, 4 Corners
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 10:53 AM
Old Goat

FWIW....Ive had 5 gallons of seafoam treated blend sit for a year...zero issues...YMMV...
RBS and rangers4u like this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,DARKSIDE,foots mod.. ..
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro View Post
I live in northern Pa near the NY border, NY has lower state gas tax so that is where I get gas. Non-ethanol is abundant in the Binghamton/Vestal area. Cash or credit 10% ethanol 87 is 2.69 and ethanol free 93 is 3.17. My LT needs premium and I run the 93.
https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=CT
What I find strange is in north Texas I have not found non ethanol. Marinas should have it but they would be very inconvenient. However, when I cross into Oklahoma I have no problem finding it all the way to Kansas. I just filled up today while in Oklahoma. I think it was $2.50.

Ed, glad to see you still view the board once in awhile. My 1300 is still running strong with 140,000 miles on it. I still have the aux fuel tank mounted like you had it on your X. I don't need it as often now since a lot of my LD rides are on my Royal Star Venture. I bought a used 5 gallon for it. Only wanted 3 gallons but the price was right.

I finally made it up the Dalton. Very hot for up there. My X would have made it but it would have taken a beating plus I would have to have cleaned it. I rented a BMW750GS with no windshield so plenty of mud on my visor. I rode it like I stole it, returned it, and they cleaned it.

Take care.
rangers4u likes this.

My VTX as used on Race Tech site.I'm70 rode 07 Black Cherry VTX 1300R to 49 States+DC & 11 Provinces, 140,000mi+Yamaha RSV,42,000mi,both w/aux tank & Race Tech SuspensionIBA:Mile Eater Bronze &Silver,SS3000,3xSS2000,EclipseSS1000Gold, 20SS1000,6xBB1500,3TX1000,NPT 29/76; Lake Superior Circle Tour 15 to 20K per yr between the two MCs

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 07:59 PM

Ethanol free gas here is $4.00/gal. I am not sure of the Octane rating.

2008 VTX1300R
Ultimate Seat
National Windshield - Modified
Cobra Light Bar
Hard Krome ? Pipes - 2 1/2"
Engine Guard - 1 1/4"
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
RBS

They're CRAZY!!!

As I posted, it's a small shop. Lawn mowers, snow blowers, weed whackers, etc.
They sell the gas in cans. Pint, quart or gallon.

$19.95 a GALLON!

The gas station next door has a pump for Cam 2 racing fuel,110 octane for less..

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

I'm Not Politically Correct - I'm Honest.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS View Post
They're CRAZY!!!

As I posted, it's a small shop. Lawn mowers, snow blowers, weed whackers, etc.
They sell the gas in cans. Pint, quart or gallon.

$19.95 a GALLON!

The gas station next door has a pump for Cam 2 racing fuel,110 octane for less..

Maybe they are just crazy like a fox. If they know their market well enough to price something ridiculously and yet it still sells... then why shouldn't they?

I'd say the crazy people would be the ones who actually cough up that much money to buy an ethanol-free gallon. But if this shop happens to cater to a mix of affluent but stupid people, sounds like a match made in heaven.
rangers4u and henkvdb like this.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 02:34 PM

Honestly, if you have a fuel-injected engine, it's a closed loop fuel system, and 10% ethanol won't cause any problems for at least 6mos all by itself. If you wanna run StaBil or StarTron for peace of mind, go for it. Now E85 will likely cause injector crusties after sitting for more than a month. BUT, you can tune to incredible HP gains with it. Think of it as race fuel, not really good on the street.
Carbs however, vent to the outside, and that ethanol will evaporate after a month, leaving honey-like goo in the bowls and on the needles. Non-ethanol gas won't turn to varnish for many, many years in most cases.

Since non-ethanol gas is not readily available (most boat docks/marinas have it)without spending more in gas to go GET it, and charge MORE for it, it's just as easy to get a fuel treatment. You can get the canned non-ethanol gas from Home Depot or Lowes, but that works out to be $12 a gallon. -WHAAAAT???!!

What's your peace of mind worth? No one can say, but you.

03 S, PCIII and V&H Big Shots, De-snorkled air cleaner; Runs 12.55 @104.5!!
Lindy bars, re-shaped stock seats. DARKSIDER for 6yrs now, and I ain't goin' back...
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 PM

Garage
Filled up today with 90 octane non ethanol 'Rec Gas' for $3.09 here in Southern Middle Tennessee. Been running this gas every year for a while during the cooler months, and I think it's worth it when considering the limited riding days. I do short rides every week or so and top off the tank each time...

2004 VTX 1800R "Once you go black you never go back"
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 09:45 PM

Here in Canada, the only commercial ethanol-free fuel available is at Shell. Their 91 octane v-power is the one. I know most folks run 87 octane and that's cool. But for me, I always run 91 octane.
Harkon likes this.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 11:06 PM

Stihl dealers sell a stihl Moto mix. It's 93 octane with 50:1 synthetic oil. It comes in several sizes and the gallon costs over $31 and they sell a lot of it, even here where non ethanol is readily available at many places from 87 to 93, reasonable priced. The Moto mix is much better than just non ethanol, it's 99% pure gas, the best pump gas in the United States is 55% good stuff and 45% crap that will burn and produce power but will turn into gum and varnish if left to sit long enough. It has a shelf life of 10 years until you open the can , it's packaged with nitrogen,,no oxygen.Moto mix will evaporate,except for the oil mixed with it, and it doesn't contain the crap that causes gum and varnish.$31 is a lot but how much does a new carb cost? How many carbs could you "winterize" with one gallon? If I had a generator that was critical for it to run maybe once every two years,I would keep it full of something that it is completely impossible to cause gum and varnish. Run anything you want but when I store my stuff, chainsaw,weed eater, generator,outboard motor,snow blower,lawn mower, it's worth it to me to put stuff in it that won't ever cause problems. I ride my bike almost every day of the year so it's always cheap stuff for it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page