Harley pulls the plug on the LiveWire - Page 2 - VTXOA
 68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:33 PM

Garage
My bud was wanting me to bike with him to Memphis an test drive one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
reminds me of the 'oil embargo'... you could only ride on Sunday .. as far as one tank can take you...

there and back....

as ALL gas stations were "Closed" on Sundays.

Lucky you, we were not allowed to drive on Sundays at all (Holland), only public transportation.

However, it was an 'ear opener' to learn how quiet a city could be without traffic, even at night, and an 'eye opener' to see people who had never in their life used public transportation before, complain about standing room only in the bus.
chuck_VTX F likes this.

2003 1800s, 97k miles
post #13 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdb View Post
Lucky you, we were not allowed to drive on Sundays at all (Holland), only public transportation.

However, it was an 'ear opener' to learn how quiet a city could be without traffic, even at night, and an 'eye opener' to see people who had never in their life used public transportation before, complain about standing room only in the bus.
We were rather insulated from that. There were no such restrictions here. Of course gas was pricey at the time.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

post #14 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 05:02 PM

It’s a conspiracy. The Arab oil companies bought the patents for it and won’t let HD sell it, this also happened in the 70’s with a carb that would allow a caddy to get 75 MPG, in the 80’s with the perpetual motion machine, the 90’scold fusion….

Last edited by Ratbrain; 10-16-2019 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Typeo
post #15 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dud-57 View Post
It's a very poor and deceptive thread title. I think most people would understand "pulling the plug" to be a terminal step. So, misapplying it to a production stoppage while issues are sorted out and resolved is clearly misleading.
I didn't mean for the thread title to sound like Harley hating thread. Your very observant, "pulling the plug" refers to someone or something that has no hope or chance for survival. In this case Harley caught this charging issue problem right before releasing the bike to the public. So there's hope for the bike that bugs will be worked out.
Harkon likes this.
post #16 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I didn't mean for the thread title to sound like Harley hating thread. Your very observant, "pulling the plug" refers to someone or something that has no hope or chance for survival. In this case Harley caught this charging issue problem right before releasing the bike to the public. So there's hope for the bike that bugs will be worked out.
The video alluded to the same. I'm not sure why people love to jump to such conclusions, but my bet is that Harley sorts this out. They have a lot invested to simply abandon it.
estr bunny likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #17 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:24 PM

Garage
Cool

Quote:
That was the title of the original article .

You do not need to apologise for anything.

I understood immediately.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HD ELEC..JPG (87.9 KB, 2 views)
RBS likes this.
post #18 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:20 PM

Something is telling me that they weren't selling anyway so why not do a "Safety" shutdown, regroup and then

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...0-img-0531.jpg
2007 VTX 1300R Pearl Challenger Brown (aka Titanium)

Last edited by VTXArizona; 10-16-2019 at 08:28 PM.
post #19 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDolittle View Post
That was the title of the original article .

You do not need to apologise for anything.

I understood immediately.
My last thread on a Harley subject on VTXOA was closed by a site administrator when thread discussion took a detour which caused concern for the site's administrator. After reading about my "Pull the Plug" title, thinking about it, it does sound kind of harsh but it was also used in the article. I realize a Harley subject on the VTXOA seems to be a sensitive subject to some here who may be fans of the brand and also haters of the brand. But also there's been some interesting discussion on this thread so far.
post #20 of 103 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 09:55 PM

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
My last thread on a Harley subject on VTXOA was closed by a site administrator when thread discussion took a detour which caused concern for the site's administrator. After reading about my "Pull the Plug" title, thinking about it, it does sound kind of harsh but it was also used in the article. I realize a Harley subject on the VTXOA seems to be a sensitive subject to some here who may be fans of the brand and also haters of the brand. But also there's been some interesting discussion on this thread so far.
I own a HD project bike. I haven't touched it for a year.

I haven't been the least concerned about what has been said about HD.

Your posts are well done, as are your titles.
RBS, lofty and Xerothermic like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page