Hopefully the next week or so will be nice weather! - VTXOA
 4Likes
  • 4 Post By Mrjo1340

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Hopefully the next week or so will be nice weather!

Here in Ontario Canada, it's that time of year where the leaves are already falling off the trees and weather is getting much colder and wetter! Forecast isn't looking too good here but I am hoping the next week or so I will get one more kick at the can at some fall riding. I used up all my days off from work for good summer riding so therefore not able to ride during the day. The rub things in even more, it's that time of year where a few of my buddies down in Arizona tell me how now it's the start of their riding season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20191020-WA0049_1571676224968.jpg (478.3 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20191020-WA0060_1571676239302.jpg (403.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20191020-WA0023_1571676272125.jpg (300.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG-20191020-WA0020_1571676296378.jpg (376.3 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjo1340 View Post
Here in Ontario Canada, it's that time of year where the leaves are already falling off the trees and weather is getting much colder and wetter! Forecast isn't looking too good here but I am hoping the next week or so I will get one more kick at the can at some fall riding. I used up all my days off from work for good summer riding so therefore not able to ride during the day. The rub things in even more, it's that time of year where a few of my buddies down in Arizona tell me how now it's the start of their riding season.

The coming weekend forecast looks decent here. Iíll ride well into November before I park it for the season, and then if we get some nice days in December itís not too far away.

Sleds came out of storage yesterday to prep for their season.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 09:56 PM

Quote:
True . . but we AZers aren't smart enough to leave come summer. You can ride early morning or late evening but the middle part is brutal.

When you are young you want what everyone else has . . when you are old you want what everyone else had.
D. Lee Schulte I ride a Honda because Toyota doesn't make motorcycles. 2005 VTX 1800N3 (black)

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-21-2019, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

If memory serves me correct, the hottest I have ever ridden is probably about 113 degrees or 45 Celsius. Sherrod had hot sticky and uncomfortable moments but for the most part with lots of water and sunscreen it was manageable. I've been known to ride as cold as temperatures in the low 30s. Although I have the proper apparel to do so motorcycle tires get about as hard and slippery as hockey pucks in that weather. Bottom line, You'll Never Find me complaining that it's too hot to ride. I guess it's one of those problems I wish I had. All I know is by hook or by crook I'm going to do whatever I can take extend my writing season however I can. But unfortunately it's the beginning of the end for me as far as riding for 2019.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
If memory serves me correct, the hottest I have ever ridden is probably about 113 degrees or 45 Celsius. Sherrod had hot sticky and uncomfortable moments but for the most part with lots of water and sunscreen it was manageable. I've been known to ride as cold as temperatures in the low 30s. Although I have the proper apparel to do so motorcycle tires get about as hard and slippery as hockey pucks in that weather. Bottom line, You'll Never Find me complaining that it's too hot to ride. I guess it's one of those problems I wish I had. All I know is by hook or by crook I'm going to do whatever I can take extend my writing season however I can. But unfortunately it's the beginning of the end for me as far as riding for 2019.

Oxford Heated grips. Extended my riding season on both ends.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page