Boss Hoss - VTXOA
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Boss Hoss

Who has ridden one? I changed jobs about 4 months ago, my new boss, among other things owns a used car lot. He just traded for a boss hoss. He told me I could ride it, I can't wait. He's asking $8000 for it and after looking at several for sale online that's real cheap, I think. I asked why so cheap and he said not many people want them,, they're really hard to sale. I don't want to own one but kind of like my neighbors smokin hot wife,I would like to take it for a spin, twist the grip, pull the hair, make her get loud, then walk away with a big grin on my face. My boss said he might want me to ride it to the Tulsa Ok car auction,,140 miles away. New job is getting better every day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191019_082526_1571799530120.jpg (3.16 MB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20191019_124319_1571799752789.jpg (2.86 MB, 43 views)
RBS, rangers4u, pushrod and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Who has ridden one? I changed jobs about 4 months ago, my new boss, among other things owns a used car lot. He just traded for a boss hoss. He told me I could ride it, I can't wait. He's asking $8000 for it and after looking at several for sale online that's real cheap, I think. I asked why so cheap and he said not many people want them,, they're really hard to sale. I don't want to own one but kind of like my neighbors smokin hot wife,I would like to take it for a spin, twist the grip, pull the hair, make her get loud, then walk away with a big grin on my face. My boss said he might want me to ride it to the Tulsa Ok car auction,,140 miles away. New job is getting better every day.
1,100 lb Bike (dry). Hurts my bones just thinking about riding it around for any length of time. Not bad to look at though. Jay Leno's Garage maybe? Googled specs one said 1100 lbs another said 1300 lbs.

Here's a bike i ran across..talk about loaded with options. At 895lb (wet) still a bit heavier than i like, but man what a bike for the money. Could talk them down too i am sure....
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/m...997208547.html
steveroy60 likes this.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...0-img-0531.jpg
2007 VTX 1300R Pearl Challenger Brown (aka Titanium)

Last edited by VTXArizona; 10-23-2019 at 01:59 AM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:29 AM

Boss Hoss is mfg'd about 45 min. south of me @ the Somerset County airport near Somerset, (Friedens) Pa. The weight differences is probably due to differences in engine choices and options included. A few years ago at a local rally, there were maybe 10 or 12 parked side-by-side. An avg. size gal w/ long pony tail threw a leg over one, I assumed hers. She was having difficulty getting it off the KS. One of her co-riders next to her, put his hand on her shoulder and pushed, allowing her to get it vertical. She immediately fired it up and after a short burnout, sped off with the rest of the Hoss's in behind.
VTXArizona likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 10:08 AM

Garage
Company Overview
Boss Hoss Cycles, Inc. was established in 1990 when Monte Warne, the founder and president of Boss Hoss Cycles, Inc., created his first Chevy V-8 powered motorcycle in his 5000 square foot shop in Dyersburg, TN. Monte, a commercial aircraft pilot and degreed Aviation Airframe and Power plant technician, was the first to design a V-8 powered motorcycle that has a traditional cruiser motorcycle style, look and feel. This was accomplished by his unique approach to the motorcycles single speed (one gear) transmission design. The right angle drive transmission allows the length of the bike to be kept to a minimum and the engine-mounting inline with the frame made for a well-balanced design that is unequaled by any other V-8 powered motorcycles.

Over the past seventeen years Boss Hoss Cycles, Inc. has grown from its humble beginnings in Monte’s shop to a 22,000 square foot manufacturing facility. The product line has also grown from the conventional two-wheeled motorcycle to include three wheeled vehicles commonly referred to as trikes.

================================================== ============
Lamont had a Boss Hoss
-----------------------------
Looks like they make a "Bar stool" Hoss fly
http://www.mountainbosshoss.com/new2...ly/hossfly.htm

MOUNTAIN BOSS HOSS CYCLES
DIRECTIONS:
Take Exit 10 off the PA Turnpike, Go straight to the 3rd traffic light and make a Left onto "RT. 281 NORTH" . Then go approximately 4 miles.

Look for the Blue Airplane Hangers on the right, just before the entrance to the Somerset Co. Airport.

116 Runway Road
Friedens, PA 15541
Phone: (814) 445-8297
Fax: (814) 444-0651
leroys73, rangers4u and DrDolittle like this.

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 194,184 VTX miles

Last edited by Hans&Feet; 10-23-2019 at 10:15 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:05 PM

Garage
Sweet. I'd drive it like it's stolen!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 01:29 PM

It's a blast to ride, only 2 gears but that's all you need. I don't think I would want it as my ONLY ride though.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 04:50 PM

Garage
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans&Feet View Post
-----------------------------
Looks like they make a "Bar stool" Hoss fly
http://www.mountainbosshoss.com/new2...ly/hossfly.htm
Check the gallery.

The trikes.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 05:34 PM

I was at a motorcycle rally many years ago and they had demo rides set up to ride the Boss Hoss. They are a blast to ride with plenty of power as one would assume but I would not own one because of their weight. If it goes down your not going to get it back up by yourself.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 08:04 PM

I rode one several years ago at Americade in NY. We were following one of the Boss Hoss people, so I couldn't get on it. But the size, weight, rumble, and vibration of the big V-8 were exciting. It was the first motorcycle I had ridden that actually fit me well. Of course my VTXs and M109Rs fit me well.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXArizona View Post
1,100 lb Bike (dry). Hurts my bones just thinking about riding it around for any length of time. Not bad to look at though. Jay Leno's Garage maybe? Googled specs one said 1100 lbs another said 1300 lbs.

Here's a bike i ran across..talk about loaded with options. At 895lb (wet) still a bit heavier than i like, but man what a bike for the money. Could talk them down too i am sure....
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/m...997208547.html

And it is a reliable Honda.

My VTX as used on Race Tech site.I'm70 rode 07 Black Cherry VTX 1300R to 49 States+DC & 11 Provinces, 140,000mi+Yamaha RSV,42,000mi,both w/aux tank & Race Tech SuspensionIBA:Mile Eater Bronze &Silver,SS3000,3xSS2000,EclipseSS1000Gold, 20SS1000,6xBB1500,3TX1000,NPT 29/76; Lake Superior Circle Tour 15 to 20K per yr between the two MCs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page