Ozello Trail - Citrus County, Florida - VTXOA
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By VaughanDaddy
  • 1 Post By Yaesu

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Ozello Trail - Citrus County, Florida

Of all the scenic roads in North America, this eight-mile stretch of winding road through palm-tree jungle to the Gulf Coast must have as many bikers per square inch as anywhere else. But the attraction is a little different from - say Northern Ontario, or the Rockies, or Cabot Trail. There are two excellent waterfront pubs where $25 gets you a couple of draft plus wings or shrimp. It's the blazing sunshine and swaying coastal grass that force you to relax. I've seen wild boar along the road, and dolphins in the water. The YouTube clip was 3 weeks into my biking career.. I shared it with a 50+ yr old friend in Ohio who had never been near a motorcycle. And when he saw it, he signed up for the 2-day course in the Spring and got himself a bike. I'd be surprised if no one reading this post hasn't been down that road. In fact, if you expect to be down there and let me know, I'd be happy to ride out and meet in person.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ozello2.jpg (99.8 KB, 6 views)
rangers4u likes this.

Last edited by VaughanDaddy; 10-24-2019 at 03:21 PM. Reason: bad style
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:52 PM

I had a friend who lived out off that road.

Eclectic group of people in Ozello.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 01:37 PM

I have a sister who lives not far from there near Weekie Wachie, and my Mom's in a special care facility near there as well. Might take a drive if we go south next year.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 05:13 PM

I ride the Ozello Trail often during the winters, as I live about 35 miles south. There are other roads along SR 19 going out to the Gulf Coast.

Route 50 W (Weeki Wachee) going to Bay Port and also Pine Island
W Fort Island Trail, north of W Ozello Trail
40 A in Inglis, north of Crystal River
24 west, to Cedar Key, out of Otter Creek

They all are great rides.

If you want curves, try Gobbler Drive in Flora City.

Here's a shot near the end of Fort Island Trail
rangers4u likes this.

Last edited by Yaesu; 10-26-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page