Blinker fluid problem.... - Page 5 - VTXOA
 93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alirio View Post
As I live in the tropics. Do you guys think I can use coconot oil as a substitute for the blinker oil?🤢
Coconut oil maybe in warmer climates, but coconot oil has "not" in the name which would indicate it is NOT a suitable substitute.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 01:11 PM
RBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alirio View Post
As I live in the tropics. Do you guys think I can use coconot oil as a substitute for the blinker oil?🤢
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
Coconut oil maybe in warmer climates, but coconot oil has "not" in the name which would indicate it is NOT a suitable substitute.

Actually, the correct spelling is Coconut, which leads me to believe it might be better used to loosen nuts, sorta like WD-40.
Harkon likes this.

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

I'm Not Politically Correct - I'm Honest.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-05-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBS View Post
Actually, the correct spelling is Coconut, which leads me to believe it might be better used to loosen nuts, sorta like WD-40.

If it's Coconot oil that means it isn't oil, (DUH!) so don't use it as oil (use it as Coco). Coconut oil isn't actually NUT oil because a coconut isn't a nut, it's a fruit (look it up). As such, the fruit oil shouldn't be used to lube/loosen anything except maybe a fruit that gets stuck somewhere....
RBS and Harkon like this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

Last edited by House O' Pain; 11-05-2019 at 09:40 PM.

post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 03:03 AM

Give the vtx a go over with throttle paste then took it for a run. The horsepower difference is quite noticeable. Its hard to find but worth seeking out.
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:12 AM

Garage
Help Help Help Me!!!
I am still having an issue with my muffler bearing. I keep getting a rattle when I open her up. She seems to buck and hesitate a bit when I am trying to speed up from about 55mph. I have it revved up to 1250rpm in 5th but sometimes it just doesnt want to go! Where is the part number and cheapest price for the muffler bearing?
My buddy said that has to be the problem. It was on his buddies super fast Chinese electric bike. They swapped it out and it made a huge impact on performance.
And by the way got any videos of the procedure or should I take it in to the stealership?? Please help I got a ride to the watering hole at the end of the block next week that me and my buddies are getting all geared up for.

2003 VTX 1800R - Cobra Speedster Longs - K&N w/decapped stock air box - Power Commander III, Rostra Cruise =
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
Give the vtx a go over with throttle paste then took it for a run. The horsepower difference is quite noticeable. Its hard to find but worth seeking out.
It should be pointed out that you should use throttle paste ONLY if you have a car tire on the back.
lofty likes this.

2003 VTX 1800R
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-07-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri720a View Post
Help Help Help Me!!!
I am still having an issue with my muffler bearing. I keep getting a rattle when I open her up. She seems to buck and hesitate a bit when I am trying to speed up from about 55mph. I have it revved up to 1250rpm in 5th but sometimes it just doesnt want to go! Where is the part number and cheapest price for the muffler bearing?
My buddy said that has to be the problem. It was on his buddies super fast Chinese electric bike. They swapped it out and it made a huge impact on performance.
And by the way got any videos of the procedure or should I take it in to the stealership?? Please help I got a ride to the watering hole at the end of the block next week that me and my buddies are getting all geared up for.

I bought mine from Junior Samples down at HeeHaw Motorsports part # br549. These are chrome muffler bearings and bogo for $99.99. Try [email protected]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
What will y'all come up with next? Diesel exhaust fluid? Ha!
Now that sounds made up!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba316 View Post
Now that sounds made up!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Clearly. Diesel exhaust fluid .... how could anyone take Dsim seriously after that ... Lol
Bubba316 likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 11-11-2019, 05:00 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri720a View Post
Help Help Help Me!!!
1250rpm??? Do NOT give it full throttle at that engine speed in top gear.

Folks, I understand this thread had devolved into a joke for y'all but we need to take good care of our bikes and not abuse them too much.
So please, all seriousness aside, consider the effect of the low rpm/high power on the turbo encabulator, you don't want to blow it.
You should LISTEN TO ME, it gets expensive come rebuild time.
If you won't take my word for it, how about Bud Haggert's word? Y'all should recognize him from many instructional videos, this man really knows what he's talking about.

VTX 1800C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page