Indian Challenger New Model Release for 2020 - Page 3 - VTXOA
 60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 08:17 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
The only motorcycle with a great warranty that I know of is the Yamaha Venture - 5 years. It's had a 5 year - unlimited miles warranty since 1999 and still has it on the new models of Star Venture
https://4b4484781e2008fab587-e203270...ar-venture.jpg

Definitely something to think about if you're in the market for buying new.
Good review on the 2018. Especially the engine.

Has reverse. And E-brake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QT-thUsSKLw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-01-2019, 10:25 PM

Garage
I'm a Pretty big Fan of the Indian motorcycle and I'm glad to see they are making a fixed faring bike. I like the looks of the road glides and think this competes very well. Just to bad I can't justify the price tag.

8,000K HID Head Light Conversion, ISO FlameGrips, Kury Turn Signal Mirrors, Mustang seat W/ Driver Backrest, Paladin Backrest/luggage Rack/Saddlebags.
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 08:06 AM

I don't think, it is really special or unique or more than the competitors offer. So, it's just a new model on a shrinking market. It's too late for the Indian brand. I think, for the "younger" generation who want a touring bike, one of Honda's flat six (engine) model variation can be more appealing. Even Victory's designs were better for the younger (35-45). Younger than that, doesn't want to ride or if do, their choice will be something modern, not a V-twin. I think Indian can be in trouble soon (again). Younger gen. wants adventure bikes, older people buy less new bikes (as they getting older) and most of them have the Harley logo tattoed on their arms... Just look at the responses here: I'm too old and I'll hang onto my bike I have now or I don't have that money to spend on a new bike.
Big Al likes this.

VTX 1800/280
You can say anything stupid. It's the internet. No real consequences for YOU.

Last edited by ervin260; 11-02-2019 at 08:09 AM.

post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDolittle View Post
Good review on the 2018. Especially the engine.

Has reverse. And E-brake.
I didn't realize the reverse and E brake until now, good pluses.
DrDolittle likes this.

2003 VTX 1800R
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 01:38 PM

Cool

I got a robo message on my cell phone from Indian Motorcycles yesterday inviting me to test drive this bike as well as their others. So their marketing team is busy.

This Indian Challenger i'm sure is a good bike it's got a lot of stuff going on.
I'm not a fan of blacked-out bikes, they do nothing for me, it's actually a negative. The trend seems to have started right after the Batman movie "Dark Knight" came out in 2008 with a bunch of spoiled ass Millennials digging it, the darkness that is.
So we've been marketed Black on black for over a decade now, most have been fully brainwashed into loving it, it seems.

I'm not going any heavier than my VTX (659lbs if i recall) in any future bike, these 875+ bikes would be great to have as a second bike to use on long touring rides but i would quickly get sick of lugging all that weight around on my usual daily rides.

So the bike may do well, time will tell. Plenty of people have money to have this and another bike, double wage earning couples, both with professional jobs, rake in a lot of cash and like to play on the weekends etc.

My personal reasons why i would not be interested in this bike: (not ranked in order of importance)

1. Black on Black
2. Price
3. Weight
4. Made my Polaris Industries (might as well be Walmart)

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...0-img-0531.jpg
2007 VTX 1300R Pearl Challenger Brown (aka Titanium)

Last edited by VTXArizona; 11-02-2019 at 01:54 PM.
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXArizona View Post
4. Made my Polaris Industries (might as well be Walmart)

LOVE IT! Even if I don't agree I still find that stuff funny. FWIW it doesnt have push rod valves or an air cooled motor so it cant be cool.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post

LOVE IT! Even if I don't agree I still find that stuff funny. FWIW it doesnt have push rod valves or an air cooled motor so it cant be cool.
You are the first here to ever say that.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
You are the first here to ever say that.
I can assure you I am not. I have spent plenty of time here since 2002 and the motorcycle threads used to be a LOT worse. This is pretty tame.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
I can assure you I am not. I have spent plenty of time here since 2002 and the motorcycle threads used to be a LOT worse. This is pretty tame.
Maybe, you've clearly been here longer than I. Of the people here, now, today, you are the only to have said that, or at least, the only one I've ever seen, here, say that. You are the one who makes ridiculous statements like implying Harley doesn't use overhead valves and that they are running on 1930's technology. That was you my friend. In the last while, anyway, all responses to Harley haters, like yourself, have not in any way diminished any other brand, especially not any of the big 4 Japanese brands.

If you don't like a brand, for whatever reason, then that's fine, your choice. Digging on other riders for liking what you hate, on a riders board, that's just wrong IMO. We all enjoy riding, isn't that enough?

Of course I know you love to bait the hook and wait to set, but this isn't the hotbox, so maybe save it for there. Or don't, whatever

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

Last edited by Harkon; 11-02-2019 at 06:08 PM.
post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 11-02-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
Maybe, you've clearly been here longer than I. Of the people here, now, today, you are the only to have said that, or at least, the only one I've ever seen, here, say that. You are the one who makes ridiculous statements like implying Harley doesn't use overhead valves and that they are running on 1930's technology. That was you my friend. In the last while, anyway, all responses to Harley haters, like yourself, have not in any way diminished any other brand, especially not any of the big 4 Japanese brands.

If you don't like a brand, for whatever reason, then that's fine, your choice. Digging on other riders for liking what you hate, on a riders board, that's just wrong IMO. We all enjoy riding, isn't that enough?

Of course I know you love to bait the hook and wait to set, but this isn't the hotbox, so maybe save it for there. Or don't, whatever
So push rod valves are not fro the 30's? Air cooled motors are not from the 30's? It seems that was the last time both existed at the same time as state of the art technology.

The fact that HD still uses it among others doesn't magically make it less dated technology. And that is exactly the point I think you are missing. I am uninterested in outdated technology on a bike. Even carburetors are not really my thing - fuel injection is a superior and more reliable technology. I couldn't care less about HD - I care about buying something that is worth what I am paying for it. And I wont pay a premium for something that is inferior IMO. It doesn't matter who makes it. The reason I skipped Victory was because of that very issue - their motors, while technically better than some air cooled motors, were still not good enough.

I suggest if you don't like my approach to judging technology there is an ignore feature. You might feel better if you used it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page