Question for Woodie Fairing owners - VTXOA
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver and Chicago
Posts: 8,312
Question for Woodie Fairing owners

Greetings,

I have a woodies fairing and am trying to put an amp in it. I have the Alpine amp (KTP445A).

I cannot seem to find a place to put it. If I put it on top of the head unit the fairing wont fit together. Unless I put it all the way at the top. then the waterproof door is down for good.

Does anyone have any suggestions where to hide this amp? I am thinking along the side? The top doesn't seem to work very well. Unless I am dumb - which is not out of the question.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
Mowoc is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 05:15 PM
Senior Member
 
prkuehn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lowell, Arkansas
Posts: 2,463
I had one in my fairing you until about 4 months ago. It finally quit I believe due to moisture. I have ridden in a lot of rain over the years so I really canít complain. The amp will fit on either side placed horizontal above the inside and middle bolts that connects the outer and inner pieces.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


2007 1300C with Woody's Fairing, HD King Tour Pack, and Cavalry Hard Bags.
prkuehn is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver and Chicago
Posts: 8,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by prkuehn View Post
I had one in my fairing you until about 4 months ago. It finally quit I believe due to moisture. I have ridden in a lot of rain over the years so I really canít complain. The amp will fit on either side placed horizontal above the inside and middle bolts that connects the outer and inner pieces.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which amp did you have? I want to check sizes to see if mine is somehow bigger.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
Mowoc is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
prkuehn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lowell, Arkansas
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
Which amp did you have? I want to check sizes to see if mine is somehow bigger.


I had the Alpine KTP445U. Same as the one you have but a universal connection in addition to the Alpine version.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


2007 1300C with Woody's Fairing, HD King Tour Pack, and Cavalry Hard Bags.
prkuehn is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver and Chicago
Posts: 8,312
Ah - got it.

Thanks.

Now that I got that in, I need new speakers I think. The ones that came with the woodie don't seem all that great. The sound seems like its underwater.

I have an alpine head unit too (so I had the factory connectors) so I don't think thats it. Any one have suggestions?

EDIT: It was my phone. Stupid iphone 11 needed some tweaks. Now it sounds AWESOME. Too bad I did this at the end of the year.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama

Last edited by Mowoc; 11-09-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Mowoc is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2019, 09:20 PM
Senior Member
 
prkuehn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lowell, Arkansas
Posts: 2,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
Ah - got it.

Thanks.

Now that I got that in, I need new speakers I think. The ones that came with the woodie don't seem all that great. The sound seems like its underwater.

I have an alpine head unit too (so I had the factory connectors) so I don't think thats it. Any one have suggestions?

EDIT: It was my phone. Stupid iphone 11 needed some tweaks. Now it sounds AWESOME. Too bad I did this at the end of the year.


This is what I would suggest. I have the 521 that were the previous model with similar specs.


https://www.crutchfield.com/p_107DB5...io-DB-522.html


2007 1300C with Woody's Fairing, HD King Tour Pack, and Cavalry Hard Bags.
prkuehn is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-10-2019, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver and Chicago
Posts: 8,312
Did you secure the amp? It seems pretty set when I put it in there. I am not sure short of caulking how I would affix it to the fairing?

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
Mowoc is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 08:36 AM
Senior Member
 
prkuehn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lowell, Arkansas
Posts: 2,463
Question for Woodie Fairing owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
Did you secure the amp? It seems pretty set when I put it in there. I am not sure short of caulking how I would affix it to the fairing?


Industrial strength Velcro and some clear silicone at the corners to ensure it didnít vibrate lose. It was right were I installed it until the day it was removed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


2007 1300C with Woody's Fairing, HD King Tour Pack, and Cavalry Hard Bags.
prkuehn is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver and Chicago
Posts: 8,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by prkuehn View Post
Industrial strength Velcro and some clear silicone at the corners to ensure it didnít vibrate lose. It was right were I installed it until the day it was removed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the help- I think I have this now.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
Mowoc is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
JPT
Senior Member
 
JPT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 486
Garage
Not sure if this will help, but this is how my amp is mounted in the Tsukayu batwing:

I have since changed the crappy Tsukayu speakers with Polk Audio mm692 speakers, and WOW, they are awesome.




2009 VTX1300R
JPT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome