HD New Bikes Coming For 2020 - Page 2 - VTXOA
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Downer View Post
Honda already does it better and cheaper. Nobody is going to pay the inflated HD prices for those bikes.
I agree. Honda and the others, too. The demographic Harley is trying to target lately, grew up on Need For Speed kind of video games and don't care about the Harley name and won't pay the premium for it. They (also) don't care about Harley branded pirate costume or Harley gatherings/events with old farts. So, why would they pay the premium for a new (to Harley) style bike, when they can get it cheaper from an experienced manufacturer?
(It's a little bit similar to Lewi's jeans. 30 years ago there were Lewi's stores in Europe (and in big tourist destination cities in the US). And they could sell Lewi's jeans on premium price, because Lewi's was/is good quality and everybody wanted to have... (in Europe for sure). Now, younger generation doesn't know and doesn't care about Lewi's.)

VTX 1800/280
You can say anything stupid. It's the internet. No real consequences for YOU.

Last edited by ervin260; 11-13-2019 at 05:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ervin260 View Post
I agree. Honda and the others, too. The demographic Harley is trying to target lately, grew up on Need For Speed kind of video games and don't care about the Harley name and won't pay the premium for it. They (also) don't care about Harley branded pirate costume or Harley gatherings/events with old farts. So, why would they pay the premium for a new (to Harley) style bike, when they can get it cheaper from an experienced manufacturer?
Harley's way of marketing won't work selling these new models. Harley is famous for no price tags hanging on the bikes in the showroom. Hiding the prices and high prep charges until you sit down with a salesman too see the final cost, you need to be sitting down for the price sticker shock lol. I can image at Harley events people will just look at the bikes and won't have any interest buying.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
Harley's way of marketing won't work selling these new models. Harley is famous for no price tags hanging on the bikes in the showroom. Hiding the prices and high prep charges until you sit down with a salesman too see the final cost, you need to be sitting down for the price sticker shock lol. I can image at Harley events people will just look at the bikes and won't have any interest buying.
The 2 dealers we have here do post prices on the bikes. The Honda shop actually does not, at least not on all of their floor models. You need to track down a salesperson to get the info. The Harley dealers will even post an "out the door" price. This has been common here for a while now. I suppose, different regions, different policy.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 09:36 AM

Again?

Could some one tell me about the pros and cons of the dark side? I am not sure if a car tire is safe?

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
Again?

Could some one tell me about the pros and cons of the dark side? I am not sure if a car tire is safe?
LOL ... you wanted liquid cooled and overhead valves ... LOL
Fill yer boots brother.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I like the Bronx 975. The Pan American odd looking, I don't think it will sell well in the U.S.

The type that ride these kind of bikes don't care about ugly. Just about every sport adventure bike is ugly as sin. Hell they use tool boxes and gun cases for saddle bags, so ugly don't count..
lofty likes this.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 10:33 AM

Garage
I would take this over the Bronx any day.

lofty and DrDolittle like this.

'04 1300S or at least used to be.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
LOL ... you wanted liquid cooled and overhead valves ... LOL
Fill yer boots brother.
But what oil should I use?

Oh, and I have a dying need to know a way to strengthen my Highway bars?

ervin260 and Harkon like this.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light - Dylan Thomas
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke
If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them. - Dalai Lama
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowoc View Post
But what oil should I use?

Oh, and I have a dying need to know a way to strengthen my Highway bars?

Only use Harley oil and Harley Bar-Crete.
ervin260 likes this.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
Only use Harley oil and Harley Bar-Crete.
But wouldn’t the hd oil leak and stain the hd bar Crete?

We might be safer if we only did that on dark side bikes. With helmeted riders. Who do burn outs.
Harkon likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page