HD New Bikes Coming For 2020 - VTXOA
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

HD New Bikes Coming For 2020

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 06:56 AM Thread Starter

I like the Bronx 975. The Pan American odd looking, I don't think it will sell well in the U.S.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I like the Bronx 975. The Pan American odd looking, I don't think it will sell well in the U.S.
I think the Pan Am is a great looking bike with the exception of the headlight. I think something a bit more traditional as a headlight would completely change the look to something a little less polarizing. Other than that it's a fine looking bike ... to me anyway. Maybe the aftermarket will rescue it here.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:26 AM

I can see the Pan Am doing great out here in and around the mountains.
Hardin 08 VTX1800F likes this.

2003 VTX 1800R
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
I can see the Pan Am doing great out here in and around the mountains.
It looks like they got the performance specs about right too. I was afraid they'd leave that in the engineering department, but it looks like they understood where this had to go. The StreetFighter should be a bit of a beast then.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 06:17 PM

Good bye Harley Davidson of old. They are doing what every company looking to longevity does, adapt. The Pan American is a Honda Africa Twin style bike and the Bronx (why these crappy pseudo tough names) follows on from buell or sportbike platforms used everywhere. I am neither here nor there about the bikes but feel the old purists will dislike them, but they may attract a younger demographic. Even Coke has changed and tried to adapt to the changing marketplace (yes unsuccessfully in some things I know) Best of luck to Harley and hats off to them for having a go.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
I think the Pan Am is a great looking bike with the exception of the headlight. I think something a bit more traditional as a headlight would completely change the look to something a little less polarizing.
The Headlight/Fairing looks like something out of a Star Wars movie/Space 1999 tv show. The young guys in HD styling department for the Pan Am project must be science fiction fans. Also naming the bike Pan Am copying the name from (Pan Am) Airlines a company that went bankrupt. Will the name jinx this bike from being successful.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty View Post
Good bye Harley Davidson of old. They are doing what every company looking to longevity does, adapt.....
Kind of. The Pan Am would have been a good place for HD to start with a new engine design, a parallel twin or four, but no, a totally new bike gets another v-twin mil.

2003 VTX 1800R
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Honda already does it better and cheaper. Nobody is going to pay the inflated HD prices for those bikes.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
The Headlight/Fairing looks like something out of a Star Wars movie/Space 1999 tv show. The young guys in HD styling department for the Pan Am project must be science fiction fans. Also naming the bike Pan Am copying the name from (Pan Am) Airlines a company that went bankrupt. Will the name jinx this bike from being successful.
Agreed, that is the wart on that bike for sure. I recall reading that Pan America is the internal code name and once the bike is for sale will have a different handle. Of course, that could just be rumor, who knows for sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page