$1 Million Bond Set In Fatal Motorcycle Crash - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 03:07 PM

don't know how many times I was at the court house where someone had their license taken away and suspended, then walked right out and got in their car and drove away.

Until the law starts to crack down on DUI offenders (my lil brother has three) they are going to continue to be a risk to the communities that we live in.
We have backround checks before buying a weapon, we have drivers test before getting a license of any kind, but we can't seem to keep the people who are not supposed to be driving from driving?
How about, you get caught driving because of a suspended license for some traffic violation, take away the priveledge to drive!!!!

'03 1800 VTX C - Black -
Bought new in '05, for a song...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 09:54 PM

breath analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Forster
"If Fowler is found guilty, it would be his SIXTH lifetime DUI conviction, according to the Rapid City Journal. It would be his third DUI charge in the last 10 years, prosecutors said."

He should have been in jail already. I don't know what the thing is called but after the second DUI they should have to have that thing in the car that you have to breathe into before it will start. If you have alcahol on your breath it will not start. Would save a lot lives.
Pat
It is comging to a theater near you. Gonna be mandontory on some new vehicles. Unfortunatley, we will have drunks with air bags and drunks paying sober folks to blow for them. maybe even open a cottage industry-breath for drunks...
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 12:34 AM

Until you get the DRUNK politicians to sign off on legislation, nothing is going to change in the long run. Many people will die until it is someone that creates such a public outrage....

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:55 AM

Re: breath analyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Forster
"If Fowler is found guilty, it would be his SIXTH lifetime DUI conviction, according to the Rapid City Journal. It would be his third DUI charge in the last 10 years, prosecutors said."

He should have been in jail already. I don't know what the thing is called but after the second DUI they should have to have that thing in the car that you have to breathe into before it will start. If you have alcahol on your breath it will not start. Would save a lot lives.
Pat
It is comging to a theater near you. Gonna be mandontory on some new vehicles. Unfortunatley, we will have drunks with air bags and drunks paying sober folks to blow for them. maybe even open a cottage industry-breath for drunks...
A can of compressed air 'used' to work, the newer models are a little smarter.

Nate

I'm looking for a Corbin 1300 S Touring Pillion - PM Me!

Ask me about my RCChroming experience...
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 02:17 PM

Repeat Offenders

Perhaps there should be a judicial review of those Judges who failed to permanently revoke Fowlers drivers license and give jail time for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th DUIs. Certainly Judges, like everybody else, should be held accountable for their performance. Consistently do a bad job and you should get fired. I my view the legal system has demonstrated gross disregard for public safety and was criminally negligent in this case.

2003 VTX 1800 C, Rinehart Exhaust, Hypercharger, PCIII, Custom map for each cylinder, 1300 FD, Spec 3 F-wheels, 200x50x18 Metzler
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 08:33 PM
RocknRoll

I guess if he had been a Congressman like Janklow - he would have walked again.

Send the SOB here to Texas. We have an express lane on Capital cases.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:52 PM

That is ridiculous. They have to do something to stop people like that from getting behind the wheel.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 02:44 AM

Re: Repeat Offenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXCRZR
Perhaps there should be a judicial review of those Judges who failed to permanently revoke Fowlers drivers license and give jail time for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th DUIs. Certainly Judges, like everybody else, should be held accountable for their performance. Consistently do a bad job and you should get fired. I my view the legal system has demonstrated gross disregard for public safety and was criminally negligent in this case.
I agree...
People should be able to sue the judges who allow repeat offenders off with a slap on the wrist. The relatives of each murdered victim by drivers DUI should be able to sue the judge or remove him from the bench.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page