#1 reason... - Page 3 - VTXOA
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Scattergun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Idaho
Posts: 482
Quote:
Who got to hold his beer?


Hey Ya'll, watch this

Arrogant American

Current bikes:
2002 VTX1800R-Black
2002 Kawasaki KLR250-Green/silver
Scattergun is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:48 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 898
Re: #1 reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by black hills
#1 reason not to treat the street as a racetrack! http://www.wimp.com/poormotorcyclist/

Ewww...

Squishy!!!!!
Seabear70 is offline  
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 01:54 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by e
not that it was the cagers fault, but i would have smoked my tires and swerved hard to avoid running over bike/biker.

cager in the video barely broke momentum. kept on going.

that's what i'm usually thinking about on the superslab.

"how many cagers will over me if I go down right now"

answer:

all of them
Well, here's the thing...

The cager was moving at a high rate of speed.

He was following too close behind the van.

He had a maximum of one second to see, inturpret, and react to the fact that he had a motorcycle and a body sliding into his path.

Most people can't react that fast.
Seabear70 is offline  
 
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 05:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Yorkshire - UK
Posts: 56
Ouch..thats gotta hurt

Duffy
03 VTX1800C...V & H Bigshots, Hypercharger, Mapped PCIII, HAC Sissybar & rack ...........plus endless wish list
Yorkshire - UK
VTXDuffy is offline  
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: North Arkansas
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricR1970
Another reason motorcycles and idiocy don't mix. Everytime I see a video like this, I think about Darwin's "natural selection". This is nature's way of weeding out the gene pool for the rest of us, ensuring survival of the species. Stupid hurts!

And tsk tsk. He ruined a perfectly good motorcyle!
Yep. Darwin was right...............


FROM THIS DAY TO THE ENDING OF THE WORLD WE IN IT WHO ARE WARRIORS
SHALL BE REMEMBERED. FOR HE WHO TODAY SHEDS HIS BLOOD WITH
ME SHALL BE MY BROTHER.
Buzzard is offline  
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 08:58 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by e
not that it was the cagers fault, but i would have smoked my tires and swerved hard to avoid running over bike/biker.

cager in the video barely broke momentum. kept on going.

that's what i'm usually thinking about on the superslab.

"how many cagers will over me if I go down right now"

answer:

all of them
what you say is true but there are a few that watch for motorcycles and big trucks too my hubby is a truck driver and rides a bike so i am very cautious around them but oyu are right there are not many left
cwtimes3 is offline  
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 10:30 AM
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 756
Crotch rockets...God's way of weeding out the stupid!!

George
gpettit is offline  
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NE Oklahoma - USA
Posts: 1,184
I actually saw this on some "I'm alive" show.
they were doing a street race course and I believe it was in Europe. The rider did survive and managed to walk away to the ambulance that was called.
they showed the accident in slow mo and then did a Computer animation to show what happened.
The front right tire ran over his helmet and jumped the front of the car up, then bike then slid under the car and when the car came down on the bike it bounce up and the rider went UNDER the rear wheel while it was in the air.

I remember this because I was watching TV with the wife, RIGHT AFTER I GOT THE X!!! There was like three "I'm lucky to be alive" segments relating to morotcycles. She just looked at me and said, "Don't be stupid!" and got up and walked out.

'03 1800 VTX C - Black -
Bought new in '05, for a song...
Preacher is offline  
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 11:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 5,807
Send a message via AIM to Tombstone
Re: Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaRay88
I would like to know how the heck was this taped? Did someone think they was being a smarty and say, "hey, watch this"???
Could have been a TV station traffic-cam set up for a broad area and they could have edited out the superflous background, effectively zooming in in the accident scene.

Tombstone (AMA # 282162)
USAF MSgt Retired (1986-2010)
2014 Harley-Davidson Road King
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom
"Ride South, Ride Often"
Tombstone is offline  
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 9,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpettit
Crotch rockets...God's way of weeding out the stupid!!

George
Wonderfull stereotype, specially coming from a beer soaked cruiser rider. By the way, the mid 40's drunk cruiser riders are dying faster than the young sportbike guys..... Either way you are right, it is weeding out the stupid...
black hills is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome