#1 reason... - Page 6 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure what your point is? The statistis show 46% of fatalities are over 40 years old. this is a change from previous years. No where in any of the statistics does it differentiate between types of motorcylces (other than size)? Are you assuming that all 500-1000cc's are sport bikes? If so that is none to scientific, is it? You may want to run a little poll to see how many here rode, or may still have 500-1000cc cruisers. Once again my only point is:

My position is that it is foolish to classify a riders ability, awareness, recklessness, etc. by what bike he rides. there are good and bad riders on all kinds of bikes. The sportbikes get a lot of attention in the media is the only difference. I Know very responsible riders on both cruisers and sportbikes. I also know a few fools on each? I thought the qoute "crotch rockets....Gods way of weeding out the stupid!!" was, well, a stupid comment. that was the only point I was trying to make. By the way, how are we supposed to classify the guys that have both cruisers and sportbikes?? Are they dunb on certain days and smart on others, depending on what bike they ride??

But, we can continue as long as you would like. Although I do think this would be better discussed over a few beers. are you going to make the Sturgis trip???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 04-04-2006, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpettit
Crotch rockets...God's way of weeding out the stupid!!

George
As the saying goes, it's not the bike, it's the rider.

Funny thing is the majority of the population thinks ALL motorcyclists are idiots for riding around on public highways. Cruiser riders included.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page