3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 03:30 PM

VTX rear Tires

Has anyone tried out the Mich Commander 2 180-65-16 on the rear of a VTX 1800C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 01:53 AM

Zombie thread - back from the dead, lol. I heard the MIch's are good. I may try that for my next tire but with how much i get to get out i will probably have my rear tire on for another 5 years........SMH
post #23 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 03:57 AM

I have 16k miles on a pair of E3's and they still look very good.

2003 VTX 1800R

post #24 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 07:47 AM

Nexen 5000 for my 02 1800c

Ultra High Performance All Season 205/60R16 coming in Monday. Ordered it through "Tirebuyer".
95.75 shipped!
post #25 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 09:30 PM

bbqguy on the Oregon board just had a E3 come apart on him on I84 and it only had 4k on it. go over there and ask him what he thinks of the E3.
Maybe he will post some pictures of it.
post #26 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 09:53 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
bbqguy on the Oregon board just had a E3 come apart on him on I84 and it only had 4k on it. go over there and ask him what he thinks of the E3.
Maybe he will post some pictures of it.
This happens from time to time with any make tire. Actually, bad units of anything man made get out to sale, it happens. Doesn't make the E3 a bad tire, when you have hundreds of thousands of them on bikes all around the world and 1 bad unit gets sold. You can read the same thing with any other tire maker

AMA Life Member 721314
post #27 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:05 PM

Maybe its just here in the Northwest. He is not the only one that I have heard of up here.
post #28 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne View Post
Maybe its just here in the Northwest. He is not the only one that I have heard of up here.
There was a guy on a Goldwing board some years back that went to take his wife out for a ride one day. Did something he didn't usually do that day, checked his tires. The reason he checked them that day was because someone had recently posted a thread about how important it was to keep an eye on your tires. He found severe cupping and other abnormal wear and wound up pulling the wheel off instead of riding. He contacted Dunlop and sent the tire to them. In the end, it was determined that the tire had been ridden for a long time while drastically underinflated. The guy himself said it had been over a year since he had looked at the tire pressure. There are a lot of reasons that a tire can wind up with a short life and it's true that bad tires do slip through occasionally. I am running E3's and have more than 16k miles on them and they look barely worn. It wouldn't surprise me at all to get another 16k miles on this set of tires. They ride good, handle well, grip good on wet or dry pavement and as I am finding out, go a lot of miles. I'm not saying everybody will get this kind of service out of E3's. I ride mostly in town, or on the interstate, very little twisties. I also run 40psi in both front and rear and check the pressure several times a month. I will be buying another pair of E3's if and when these ever wear out.

2003 VTX 1800R
post #29 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:30 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Yep, and you can also find guys there in the Northwest that had a bad Metzeler, or Bridgestone, or whatever tire. As said above, most of the bad tire issues come from people not checking their tire pressures. But it's easier to place blame elsewhere

AMA Life Member 721314
post #30 of 76 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 11:00 PM

Im glad that you guys have had good luck with them.

Ride safe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page