Another Fuel Pump Not Priming Issue
So my bike has been out of commission for a while due to build and since then a lot of things have been disassembled and reassembled. Tank was completely bone dry after tank seam being removed and painted. I put in fresh gas yesterday of 93 Octane because that's what makes it run better.... just kidding. I filled it with 87. Turned key and hit starter and it starts to turn but doesn't start. I realized that I didn't hear the Fuel Pump prime at all. I will try and get as detailed as possible here to explain what I have done so far. I did start trouble shooting this and read about 20 different threads last night.
My bike is an 2003 1800R with the internal fuel pump. I have no fuel management system e.g. PC3. When I turn key, Neutral light comes on but no FI light (not even momentarily). Headlight comes on and brake and signals work.
1. Fuel Pump does not prime
2. Kill Switch is verified ON throughout all this.
3. Bike is in Neutral (kickstand down). When I first tried to start it it was on ground, but now I have it back on PepsX stand, because it was easier to start messing with the tank while bike was level.
4. Took speedo off and raised tank to check if fuel pump wire was connected on right underside of tank. The male/female adapter with 2 brown wires and a green. Unplugged and plugged back in until I heard click. Nothing.
5. Checked 3 fuse housing that hold the 30 AMP fuses under left side cover. Boy everyone is right, those are in a convenient place said no one ever. All good.
6. Checked fuses under right side cover that contain the 10/20 AMP fuses. All good.
7. Unplugged fuel pump relay under right side cover. Unplugged starter relay next to it and swapped relays to see if maybe bad fuel pump relay. Nothing.
8. Made a jump wire to the Black/White and Brown wires in Fuel Pump Relay. Turned on key and still did not prime.
9. Ordered multimeter from Amazon which will be here Tuesday.
This bike has been disassembled since everything was painted including all control housings, headlight, bars wired internally. I wish I had a multimeter available today to start testing, but right now trying to troubleshoot anything that I can get away with not having that tool yet.
Any thoughts and help is appreciated.
[HR][/HR]2003 VTX 1800 R - Ground Fix, Pair Valve Removal (Desmog), Accutronix "Night Series" FC & Grips, 12 inch CP Choppah Series TBars, Arnott Air Ride, Spiegler SS Brake Brake & Clutch Lines, Barnett Throttle Cables, MetricBagger Bags
My Build Thread: https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/showthre...R-Bagger-Build