Baron Xtreme handlebar bar, accessories. - VTXOA
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Baron Xtreme handlebar bar, accessories.

So, a few weeks ago I was stoked because I came across a smokin deal on a set of these bars. Got them in the mail shortly after and absolutely love their construction. I was looking at them the other day, getting ready to install and then I realised something. With the "fat bar" set up, where they're necked down at the ends for stock controls, there seems to be room for your grips, main accessory assembly.....AND THAT'S IT!?!

The previous owner of my bike installed cruised control, a set of heated grips and a bar mounted switch for the driving lights on the stock 1" bars. All creature comforts I would like to keep, but am now left scratching my head as to where I'm supposed to put them.

Do you other guys with Baron (or other fat bars) just say screw it and remove all of the extra gadgets, or have you figured out some creative ways of mounting them?

My current set up also has a tach mount, that mounts in succession with the speedometer, via stainless steel plate. Well...that's going away, since Baron requires you to use their speedometer pod with the bars. I like like the look of Baron's bar mounted tach pod, but I'll be damned if I'm dropping $200+ on it.
nate6966 likes this.

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!"

-Mike Tyson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 08:58 PM

Garage
Nah, you REALLY need those creature comforts!
So, here's what ya do...
Repackage those oversized bars and ship them to me. I'll get rid of those pesky things for you. Heck, I'll even send ya a crisp $100 US Bill, complete with a portrait of Benjamin Franklin!

If this idea doesn't appeal to you, you can just package that cruise control and the heated grips and send those my way.

Either way, you'll end up with an amazing and enjoyable VTX 1800C!

(I'm new to philanthropy, but your story is inspiring and pulls my heartstrings)
jbrittjr likes this.

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
Nah, you REALLY need those creature comforts!
So, here's what ya do...
Repackage those oversized bars and ship them to me. I'll get rid of those pesky things for you. Heck, I'll even send ya a crisp $100 US Bill, complete with a portrait of Benjamin Franklin!

If this idea doesn't appeal to you, you can just package that cruise control and the heated grips and send those my way.

Either way, you'll end up with an amazing and enjoyable VTX 1800C!

(I'm new to philanthropy, but your story is inspiring and pulls my heartstrings)
The generosity of some of the members on this board is amazing, I tell ya. Not exactly the response I was looking for, but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy, none the less.
nate6966 likes this.

-Mike Tyson

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 06:19 AM

No problem for me to attach accessories to the Xtreme bar. I use a Ram mount for my GPS and a dedicated clamp from Dakota Digital for my tach. A hose clamp could also be useful.
ervin260 and nate6966 like this.

brothers in arms:
2003 VTX 1800C (new)
2002 HD FLSTF since 07/2008

" Today you raised more questions than giving answers "

Last edited by fastspek; 08-11-2018 at 06:13 PM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 11:44 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbanger 1800 View Post
The generosity of some of the members on this board is amazing, I tell ya. Not exactly the response I was looking for, but it made me feel all warm and fuzzy, none the less.
In honesty, I wish I had some ideas to help you out, but I'm unfamiliar about anything regarding changing the handlebars.

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 04:22 PM

Just a heads up before you go and install these bars slip you throttle grip on first and make sure it fits. They ran a batch a while back with the wrong specs and were useless the bar end was too big to get the throttle on. I wound up buying 4 sets of bars from 4 different sellers before I got one that was made right. So check that before you bolt them down and run the internal wiring just to find out like I did bad bars.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtxcapsfan View Post
Just a heads up before you go and install these bars slip you throttle grip on first and make sure it fits. They ran a batch a while back with the wrong specs and were useless the bar end was too big to get the throttle on. I wound up buying 4 sets of bars from 4 different sellers before I got one that was made right. So check that before you bolt them down and run the internal wiring just to find out like I did bad bars.
Oh crap....that would suck! How out of spec were they? Something tells me if it won't slip on, I'll be MAKING them slip on, A-LA-Grinder!
nate6966 likes this.

-Mike Tyson
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearbanger 1800 View Post
Oh crap....that would suck! How out of spec were they? Something tells me if it won't slip on, I'll be MAKING them slip on, A-LA-Grinder!
Sorry for the slow response but they were flared on the bar ends and there were too far out of spec and I’d have to grind too much off so I returned them and wond up buying three more sets till I got one that was right. It was a lot of BS but there on and all the wring run internally and I couldn’t be happier with them.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtxcapsfan View Post
Sorry for the slow response but they were flared on the bar ends and there were too far out of spec and I’d have to grind too much off so I returned them and wond up buying three more sets till I got one that was right. It was a lot of BS but there on and all the wring run internally and I couldn’t be happier with them.
I guess I was lucky since mine were ok from the first overseas buy.
They are still in good shape after many years and chrome quality is outstanding.

brothers in arms:
2003 VTX 1800C (new)
2002 HD FLSTF since 07/2008

" Today you raised more questions than giving answers "
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I lucked out too. My bars went on with no drama. Rode the rest of the summer with them last year. They were great. I liked that they were slightly wider than stock. Allowed me to stretch out my arms a little and gave me a little more leverage for turning the corners. And....they look damn sexy!

-Mike Tyson

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page