Interesting issues with Wax Valve - Page 2 - VTXOA
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brimstone01 View Post
Yeah guys, Iíve been all over this site for weeks now and dug up novels worth of info on the wax valves. But I appreciate the replies!

The valve worked, it was just idling to high. So I doubt that corrosion is the issue, but someone feel free to explain why thatís wrong? And itís not the hot idle, thatís on the other side of the bike lol. The nut and threaded rod are truly part of the wax valve, inside the throttle body under the air cleaner. When hot the bike is idling around 800 as it has always done. So we are good there

Appreciate the replies guys!

PS: guess I should have clarified a bit more, thatís why I titled this as an interesting wax valve issue because all of the other threads I found were describing slightly different issues, and none of them had this as a successful fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel free to disagree. 800 is a bit low. For oiling purposes. I have mine around 900 rpm.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
Feel free to disagree. 800 is a bit low. For oiling purposes. I have mine around 900 rpm.
Manual says 700-900 rpm (certified by Honda engeneersÖ..) so 800 is ok for me, a nice regular deep rumble
rangers4u likes this.

brothers in arms:
2003 VTX 1800C (new)
2002 HD FLSTF since 07/2008

" Today you raised more questions than giving answers "

Last edited by fastspek; 03-29-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page