Want to change wheels but lost!!! - Page 2 - VTXOA
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:27 AM
Old Goat

The 1800 c front is 130/70/18....I assume the tire would look narrower in the larger fender...I ran a 110/90/19 (1300c) on the front of my 1300R....and thought the appearance would be similar to the 1800...my apologies if I was mistaken.....good luck
DrDolittle likes this.

Phil...(71)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:40 AM

id love a polished set of "f" wheels for my c
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:48 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselmechseth View Post
id love a polished set of "f" wheels for my c
I'd also love to polish my F wheels so bad. I just don't want to do all that work

2005 VTX 1800F3

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 10:52 AM

Tire sizes;

R/S/T/N 150/80/17
C 130/70/18
F 130/70/18

So the R/S/T/N had 17" wheels with the S being spokes, the others all had the same wheels.
The C had the same style of wheel, but was 18"
The F had a different style, but was also 18"

For the front all of the R/S/T/N wheels will interchange without issue. The F and the C will as well, however, the F and the C had different rear wheels so one would have to consider that. As far as I know the rear wheels will exchange on the F and C as well, just different tire sizes.

The front wheel from a C or F should mount without issue under the R/S/T/N fender, however, it will be a narrower tire and might look awkward, as already mentioned, in the larger R/S/T/N fender. There certainly would be enough clearance if one chose a lower profile tire.

The circumference of a 150/80/17 tire is approx. 83"
The circumference of a 130/70/18 tire is approx. 79"
A 140/70/18 might fit with a circumference of 80.75" It will be slightly wider.

If you could find a (for a 'C' or 'F' front wheel) ;
150/70/18 circumference= 82.5" That would be almost ideal. You would likely need to use a rear tire for that but if you install that in reverse rotation you should be okay.

I hope this helps.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 05:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPT View Post
The C/F front wheels are narrower than the R/S/T. The wheels fit the fender, so the R/S/T are one size, and the C/F are different (I don't know if the C and F are the same, but they are different widths than the R/S/T).
I know the tire size between the C and the R/S/T is different (since the C rim diameter is 18" and the others are 17"), but is that to say the rim width itself is, as well? I've not been able to find any documented information regarding the actual width of the front rims themselves? The only one I know for a fact is narrower, is the F rim.

The 130/70/18 fits pretty "snugly" on the 1800C wheels....where the 150/80/17 fit on the R/S/T/N is kind of bulbous and fat looking by comparison. Wondering it they C wheels simply got a narrower, lower profile tire for a more sporty appearance and sharper handling, in comparison to the other models noted and the actual rim width itself is the same for both?

That being said....I would think a tire size switch to say a 150/70/18 would be the ticket to making a C front wheel work, on the R/S/T/N model? The width is there, the aspect ratio is nearly identical (slightly shorter on the C wheel by less than 1/4".) I believe the Dunlop Trailsmart comes in this size?

"Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!"

-Mike Tyson

Last edited by Gearbanger 1800; 04-14-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page