Help iso mechanic, Bad FPR - Page 2 - VTXOA
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans&Feet View Post
Remember to remove the dust cover from the FPR before installing.
This from Bare's procedure: Pop open the new FPR, remove the little rubber plug, make sure the new o-ring is properly in place and bolt it back on.
Exactly. Don't remove the plug and you have another problem. Ask me how I know.
rangers4u likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:58 PM

Garage
OP posts here in search of a mechanic and ends up fixing it himself.. Gotta love it!
Harkon, rangers4u and DrDolittle like this.

03 VTX 1800 C ~ Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, Highway bar, Memphis shade Windshield, Viking hard bags, Honda Sissy bar, and Luggage rack..
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 04:05 PM

A bit off topic, but may I ask, is the OP's issue something to expect nowadays in 2019 from the earlier models of the 1800? I'm talking from a buyer's point of view (e.g. poorer maintenance from previous owner or just the fact that the machine is 16 years old).
rangers4u likes this.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
A bit off topic, but may I ask, is the OP's issue something to expect nowadays in 2019 from the earlier models of the 1800? I'm talking from a buyer's point of view (e.g. poorer maintenance from previous owner or just the fact that the machine is 16 years old).
Yes it is common, but only for the 02 and 03 model year 1800's with the fuel pump in the tank. I am assuming the rubber diaphragm inside deteriorates with age. It's not really effected by poor maintenance. I replaced mine 3 years ago before it failed so it wouldn't happen out on the road somewhere.
rangers4u likes this.

03 VTX 1800 C ~ Mustang seat, Cobra pipes, Highway bar, Memphis shade Windshield, Viking hard bags, Honda Sissy bar, and Luggage rack..

Last edited by StarrRider; 04-06-2019 at 06:02 PM.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrRider View Post
Yes it is common, but only for the 02 and 03 model year 1800's with the fuel pump in the tank. I am assuming the rubber diaphragm inside deteriorates with age. It's not really effected by poor maintenance. I replaced mine 3 years ago before it failed so it wouldn't happen out on the road somewhere.
And I think 04 for the "C" model.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
And I think 04 for the "C" model.
Yes! 1st Gen with FPR.

05 C and 05 F twins 2nd Gen with larger gas capacity!
rangers4u and DrDolittle like this.

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 190,260 VTX miles
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

easy way to tell, if the fuel pump is inside the fuel tank, you have the FPR problem

AMA Life Member 721314
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

replacement FPR on its way ill let you know how it turns out.
thanks for all the input

Lewis 03 VTX1800C
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrRider View Post

2002-2004 (my 04 C, has internal pump.)
rangers4u and StarrRider like this.

2004 Honda VTX1800C - Black/Gold - Custom paint, F Wheels, Saddlemen Solo seat, Cobra speedster slashdown exhaust, kewl metal front & rear signals, Aeromach 6" risers, Thunder Hurricane intake, PowerCommander V, Progressive 444 Shocks, Progressive springs....
Gone to new home - 2007 Honda VTX1300C

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page