I'd rather talk political religion than tires - VTXOA
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By Chicago-Spike
  • 1 Post By pushrod

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 04:08 AM Thread Starter

I'd rather talk political religion than tires

Hows my time best spent on the weekends. Well, riding of course.. but when the front tire needs to re-tyre. (Pun intended) I find myself looking for the best choice. I just had my rear replaced. No argument there my bike mechanic had a new tire that for my bike so it was real cheap. And I like it. .ok...
The front on my 02 1800r is a biggin. And a lot of sexy iron leans on the front rubber. We do run on some curves hiway/freeway wide smooth but fast ish.. 85 to 90.
Reading I saw bais is better for a cruzer... And radials are more for sport. But the next article I read is contradictory of the 1st statement so on goes the debate.
I have a non spoke mag 17. And the manufacturer sez 150/80r17 72h or 150/80r17m/c 72h these r both radials right? Ahhhhhh
Me 880 ... Avlons... Cobras ... All get praise and no one has love for the DunFlaps.
I know this is beating the proverbial iron horse to death but as soon as I think I found the answer I read the exact opposite that gets me to 2nd guessing.
I will say this I hate to check my airpressure. I'd rather taste black tailpipe carbon to guess gas mileage. It's just a pain in the donkey.. every gauge air chuck I have or have found is just a few degrees off easy... I read about a 90 degree stem on tubes (if you can find them) because for the most part im Unable to fit on the stem without getting Pretzel girl from the carnival to assist ..
So please someone that has used both radials and bias please share an opinion and I still can't day i understand how to tell if the tires componds are soft med or hard.
I don't want too but I'm about to replace stock ..

Also anyone ride Kruz tires??
I read a few good things ..
Sure am glad I happy with the oil I use I'm not sure I could take another strong debate. Lol
That you for any educated info you can share

The last bike I owned and rode was in the 90's But it was impossible to stay on four wheels any longer. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
02' VTX 1800 R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 08:05 AM

Garage
I've had both on my 03 1800C. I prefer radials. C tire choices are getting more difficult to find.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 09:26 AM

I'm happy with the dual-compound Dunlop Elite 4 bias on my front. Not the old-style Dunny, 4 sure.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 10:24 AM
Pope "papa" of the VTXOA

Don;t worry about what type, worry about the mileage you get from them. Dunlop American Elite or the Elite4 will get you great mileage, over 16,000 and great in wet and dry
rangers4u and 07Blackcherry like this.

AMA Life Member 721314
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 11:25 AM

No tire is perfect. I put the Dunlop American Elites on a while back and am pleased with them. It looks like they are going to go lots of miles. I also had Cycle Gear install me a 90 valve stem on the rear when they mounted my tires. I don't know what brand the angled valve stem is, not a curvy girl, but they have them in stock. Now my rear tire pressure gets checked a lot more often than it used to. Ill get a picture of it later if I remember.
rangers4u likes this.

2003 VTX 1800R

Last edited by pushrod; 08-21-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page