Questions about vtxexhaust.com muffler mod - Page 2 - VTXOA
 9Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Unread 09-04-2019, 10:55 PM

That is not my bike. I just made that mod on mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Unread 09-04-2019, 11:08 PM

Here is a link for the sound on mine with this mod. I hope you can see it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/nwcLt6x1Rcu8bqid8
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Unread 09-05-2019, 06:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cruiser View Post
I have been reading about the stock exhaust modifications that are done by vtxexhaust.com. I am considering having my stock exhaust modified on my 2006 VTX 1800S. I have read many customer comments on their web site, but would like to hear from any members who have either had it done, or heard the pipes of another rider with this modification.
I want to make my exhaust louder than stock, but I don't want it to be objectionably loud. I am looking for anyone with experience hearing the exhaust note of the vtxexhaust.com
Thanks for any comments.
I have the VTXExhaust.com mod on my 1800N. It made it sound more like a classic muscle car and less like a Singer sewing machine. I did the Pair Valve/Air Box mod as well.

The only issue I had is that until I put the Cobra FI2000R controller on, was constant popping on deceleration. With the programmer, I have no more popping and am still getting an average of 40 mpg. I did run some 4" long baffles from J&P for a while, since the newly modded output pipe is a standard larger size. I didn't run them long as it wasn't the sound that I was after.

Best of luck! You have already made the right decision by riding a VTX.

2005 VTX1800N Spec1 Illusion Blue
VTXExhaust.com exhaust mod, Cobra FI2000R PowerPro Fuel Management System, Pair Valve/Air Box Mod, Mustang Seats, Viking Bags, Hondaline Lightbar, Kuryakyn Mini Boards, Arlen Ness Grips, UniQue Cycle Sounds, Custom-made Windshield

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in