Questions about vtxexhaust.com muffler mod - VTXOA
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-28-2019, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Questions about vtxexhaust.com muffler mod

I have been reading about the stock exhaust modifications that are done by vtxexhaust.com. I am considering having my stock exhaust modified on my 2006 VTX 1800S. I have read many customer comments on their web site, but would like to hear from any members who have either had it done, or heard the pipes of another rider with this modification.
I want to make my exhaust louder than stock, but I don't want it to be objectionably loud. I am looking for anyone with experience hearing the exhaust note of the vtxexhaust.com
Thanks for any comments.

Last edited by Chicago-Spike; 08-29-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:39 AM
Old Goat

No first hand experience...but over the years they have gotten many good reviews on this forum..good luck
Harkon likes this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..

Last edited by TennX; 08-29-2019 at 10:02 AM.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:48 AM

Garage
I have heard nothing negative about mod. Have V&H w/quiet baffles. I'd do stock if able in a minute..

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cruiser View Post
I have been reading about the stock exhaust modifications that are done by vtxexhaust.com. I am considering having my stock exhaust modified on my 2006 VTX 1800S. I have read many customer comments on their web site, but would like to hear from any members who have either had it done, or heard the pipes of another rider with this modification.
I want to make my exhaust louder than stock, but I don't want it to be objectionably loud. I am looking for anyone with experience hearing the exhaust note of the vtxexhaust.com
Thanks for any comments.
DIY. Search for: Clayton mod exhaust

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
DIY. Search for: Clayton mod exhaust
I think the Clayton mod and VTX Exhaust end up with different results. I do not care for the Clayton mod sound (my opinion) but the VTX Exhaust isn't too bad (again, my opinion). I may be wrong though and it could be that they were on entirely different bikes.
rangers4u likes this.

'12 Road Glide Ultra, Kuryakyn Alley Cat intake, Jackpot Super Duals header, Jackpot HiRoller mufflers, PV Tuner, Daymaker LEDs
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Old Goat

IMHO...gutted pipes,no matter the mod... sound like..gutted pipes....aftermarket or subject of this thread.....
Harkon and Curt E like this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:53 PM

I have vtx.exhaust.com on my bike and I like it. I run the baffle with no packing. The VTX1800 is not known for its great exhaust note no matter what the exhaust used is. So when I say I like it its in the realm of the 1800 not compared with any other bikes. Also by the time you ship back and 4th not sure you save that much. I liked the look of the original muffler so I had them gut and shorten works for me. Hope you figure out what works for you. O the video in my sig is VTX.exhaust.com with no baffle at all
TennX and Curt E like this.

2006 VTX1800 Supercharged
2014 Valkyrie ABS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HTl...2&index=1&t=0s
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstabber View Post
I have vtx.exhaust.com on my bike and I like it. I run the baffle with no packing. The VTX1800 is not known for its great exhaust note no matter what the exhaust used is. So when I say I like it its in the realm of the 1800 not compared with any other bikes. Also by the time you ship back and 4th not sure you save that much. I liked the look of the original muffler so I had them gut and shorten works for me. Hope you figure out what works for you. O the video in my sig is VTX.exhaust.com with no baffle at all

I agree, I have done that same change years ago and the sound is much better than stock but they still look like the stock stacked R pipes that I like. I also run the baffles to quiet them down to a sound I can stand. The offset crank pins of VTX 1800 will never sound like a HD or even the VTX 1300 which operate from a single crank pin setup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TennX, rangers4u and Curt E like this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:14 PM

Check this exhaust mod out. I did it 2 years ago and I am very happy with the results.

https://www.vtxcafe.com/threads/vtx1...install.79017/
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzvj View Post
Check this exhaust mod out. I did it 2 years ago and I am very happy with the results.

https://www.vtxcafe.com/threads/vtx1...install.79017/
The bike in the photos in your link does look real nice.

2003 VTX 1800R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page