Leaking fork seal, okay to ride? - Page 2 - VTXOA
 18Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 07:42 PM

My left one started leaking and I added 1 oz of this. I use this under the hood to spray on plastic parts and hoses (I put it in a spray bottle) and it really preserves things. I've had it seal up axle seal leaks and all kinds of stuff. It stopped the leak almost immediately on my left fork tube.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223598659256

Hopefully this link I posted will work. Anyway, you can find it on eBay.
Use a shop manual to describe how to remove the top cap end get an ounce in there. After putting an ounce in and securing the top cap I just pushed up and down about 15 to 20 times on the front shocks, then took it for a ride and problem solved. 😎
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15704014899911663208045786319189_1570401508481.jpg (208.1 KB, 7 views)
rangers4u likes this.

Last edited by MC_G; 10-06-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 08:13 PM

I thought gwad was dawg backwards. WhatdoIknow.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
Just nod your head and make it so.
Don’t Fergit ...God spelled backward is Dog.....[IMG class=inlineimg]/forums/images/VTXOA_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png[/IMG]
No, it's spelt doG...just sayin 😁
rangers4u likes this.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago-Spike View Post
Fork oil, leaking onto brake rotors and pads, not a great idea. Fix the seal, get a Seal Mate tool and try to wipe the seal clean of debris.
that's what I was noticing, I just put the pads on too so it would be a shame if they got contaminated.

Espresso and motorcycles both have a way of making us feel alive, happy and free. Both of these thing, however, can be ruined if you don't start with good G R O U N D S.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers4u View Post
I was speaking of a divine being, not real men. Or are you a false god? (small g) edit: Not looking to stir sh## up with you or anyone else, but since you egotistically chose that screen name, you absolutely are going to catch sh## from some of us.
haha yes I knew this name was trouble when I made my account. And I don't suit your standard model of the judeo-christian God but I think that goes without saying; then again flat Earth theorists are still a thing so maybe the obvious still needs to be said. But I am a god of sorts. We all are if you think about it. Though, on the Technical forum id like to keep the posts relevant to the topic. As these posts are here not only to benefit the OP(me) but also for all current and future Vtx riders that may have a similar question.
rangers4u likes this.

Espresso and motorcycles both have a way of making us feel alive, happy and free. Both of these thing, however, can be ruined if you don't start with good G R O U N D S.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_G View Post
My left one started leaking and I added 1 oz of this. I use this under the hood to spray on plastic parts and hoses (I put it in a spray bottle) and it really preserves things. I've had it seal up axle seal leaks and all kinds of stuff. It stopped the leak almost immediately on my left fork tube.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223598659256

Use a shop manual to describe how to remove the top cap end get an ounce in there. After putting an ounce in and securing the top cap I just pushed up and down about 15 to 20 times on the front shocks, then took it for a ride and problem solved. 😎
That seems like something that might work, but seeing as how I needed my bike the next day it won't work in my case. I've had luck with other forms of "oil stabilizers" in the past. I appreciate your response, few people have the wherewithal to write a coherent response, let alone post links to boot! Thanks

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:16 PM

Garage
its stuff like this..... why I do not reply to questions any more.

retired Honda dealer motorcycle mechanic.

Ride Safe, Ride Often.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 89,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 09:28 PM

"But I am a god of sorts"

that's what Jim Jones said.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC_G View Post

That seems like something that might work, but seeing as how I needed my bike the next day it won't work in my case. I've had luck with other forms of "oil stabilizers" in the past. I appreciate your response, few people have the wherewithal to write a coherent response, let alone post links to boot! Thanks
👍🍻
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter69392 View Post
"But I am a god of sorts"

that's what Jim Jones said.
Jim was a helpless false prophet

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page