Another poor running vtx thread - Page 3 - VTXOA
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 01:17 AM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans&Feet View Post
Pull apart lightly where the clips were.
If if breaks, fix it.
If it does not break:
1. try some heat on the insulation, usually will get flexible and you can push it apart if you want for inspection.
OR
2. Liquid rubber or hot glue to fill the gaps and add some cover where the clips were.
Than tape the affected wires to others.
Single wires tend to vibrate more than several bound together.
Will do, there are some decent cuts on the wires where the clips were attached. I don't want to have any problems down the road.

Espresso and motorcycles both have a way of making us feel alive, happy and free. Both of these thing, however, can be ruined if you don't start with good G R O U N D S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 08:06 PM

Garage
Almost sounds like you are running on one cylinder?

2004 VTX 1800R "Once you go black you never go back"
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus View Post
Almost sounds like you are running on one cylinder?
That's almost what it felt like. I had about as much power as I would running on one cyl, but it wasnt shaking like it would be if it was misfiring.

Espresso and motorcycles both have a way of making us feel alive, happy and free. Both of these thing, however, can be ruined if you don't start with good G R O U N D S.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 07:27 PM

Sounds like you got it running better, glad to hear that

2003 VTX 1800R
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
God

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Sounds like you got it running better, glad to hear that [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbup.gif[/IMG]
That's what I thought too but today I went for a small ride and everything was fine until I ran out of gas. I filled her up and then as I was leaving the gas station it started to hesitate like it used to when it was running poorly. But only for a few seconds. Then it hesitated a couple more times on the way back home. Idk if it's related to having a full gas tank, or if it's a coincidence. So now I'm potentially looking at other causes, though I don't think I'm going to put that fuel programmer back on.

post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-26-2019, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
God

Yup, unfortunately the problem is still rearing it's ugly head every now and then. I took it on a ~60 mile ride and it bogged down about 6 times or so usually about 10-15 minutes apart. The first two times turning the bike off with the kill switch and then turning it back on solved it momentarily. The third time however, turning it off then on did not solve it and I had to wait for it to go away on it's own after a few minutes. I tried retightening the battery cables again to no avail. If it's bogging down and I pull over and idle the bike I still get that distinct unburnt fuel smell. I had to cancel a trip this weekend because of this issue and now it's really starting to drive me crazy. The main reason I buy Honda is because they're the most reliable thing on wheels, yet I've never had a bike be this big of a pain before

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page