3Likes
  • 1 Post By TedlyM59
  • 1 Post By rangers4u
  • 1 Post By jackk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Air filter cover

Howdy all, I'm looking for a new air filter cover for my 2008 VTX 1800f; Preferably like a "Live to Ride" design "Without" having to replace the intake body and all that. Any ideas?
steveroy60 likes this.

08 VTX1800F Cobra pipes, PC III, ROX 2"risers

"I have never been lost. I was once bewildered for three days, but I was never lost." Daniel Boone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-15-2019, 05:51 PM

How good are you at DIY? A fella named SPyKER made different covers a few years back, then life got in the way, he moved from Ohio to Texas, and never resumed making the interchangeable grilles. At that time, he was offering a brand new cover, with a grille, a blockoff plate, and a back-lit LED for about $110. I sent him my old good stock cover, and got the new one with that setup, and subsequently got a couple more grilles to interchange. The grilles themselves were a 4" computer fan grille. He offered several dozen different designs. Thats why I asked if you were good at DIY. The covers themselves can be brittle, so great care is needed when doing any cutting. My sig pic is hard to see that, but I have a scorpion grille in the pic, and also have the original X and the radioactive tri-symbol.
steveroy60 likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks Ranger, I am fair with DIY. However, I don't have the tools or facilities to fabricate. Well I guess my DIY is very basic. Thanks again for the reply.

08 VTX1800F Cobra pipes, PC III, ROX 2"risers

"I have never been lost. I was once bewildered for three days, but I was never lost." Daniel Boone

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 05:45 PM

This looks cool. You may need to go to the bottom where the attachments are to see the pics.
https://www.vtxcafe.com/threads/airb...e-gain.101618/
DrDolittle likes this.

2008 VTX1300R
Ultimate Seat
National Windshield - Modified
Cobra Light Bar
Hard Krome ? Pipes - 2 1/2"
Engine Guard - 1 1/4"

Last edited by jackk; 10-17-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page