Goodsgto - 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - Page 7 - VTXOA
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Rubber grommet replaced 11/27/17

Mileage - 47,150

Had been missing a rubber grommet for side cover on the throttle side. Tried to make one that appeared to work for a short time but failed.

Found one on Amazon with free shipping:
Victory Motorcycle New OEM Grommet Round - 5413055 $6.94

All snug now.......

When I ride, it's nuthin' but miles of smiles

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by goodsgto; 11-28-2017 at 11:11 PM. Reason: add mileage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Installed engine guard mounts to hold lights 3/14/18

Mileage - 47,256

Purchased a pair of 1 1/4 inch engine guard crash bar foot peg mounts to hold my driving lights on eBay for $15.96.

It was a balmy 51* in Missouri today, so I opened up the garage cranked some music and replaced the hose clamps currently holding the driving lights with the guard mounts.

Probably over kill to hold the lights but works for me.

Now we just need to keep this warmer weather so we can go out and ride some.....
DrDolittle likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by goodsgto; 03-14-2018 at 05:59 PM. Reason: add
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 04:17 PM Thread Starter

Wrapped grips/ Shifter & brake bushings replaced 5/6/18

Mileage: 47,536

The tennis racquet grip wraps I used in August 2016 started to show some wear. Found a three pack of Wilson Tennis Racquet Grip wraps at Wal-Mart for $3.88. Wrapped the two grips and the Victory and one old golf club I recently acquired.

Also, purchased a set of brass shifter/brake bushings on eBay for $8.95. Replaced the OEM nylon bushings on the shifter and brake pedals. Shifter play is gone - brake still has some play.

Time to get some miles on this bike..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wilson grip wrap.jpg (18.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg bushings.jpg (53.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg bushingsold.jpg (130.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg bushing1.jpg (50.3 KB, 1 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Air Filter cleaned/recharged - Backrest bolts replaced - 5/10/18

Mileage - 47,629

Air Filter:
Watched the Witchdoctors video on air filter replacement to refresh my memory on this process. Removed the Air Filter and cleaned it with Dawn dish soap. Used the air compressor to speed up drying and remove some of the debris. Harry had some of the K&N Oil to recharge the filter.

Put in back in the Victory and left out the rubber gasket to allow more air flow and hopefully increase a couple horse power.

21,388 miles since new air filter was installed and cleaned.

Backrest mounting bracket:

While the seat was off, I noticed that that a couple of nuts were missing on the bottom bolts on the backrest mounting bracket. One bolt was sheared off. I ran up to the hardware store and purchased two new 5MMX16 bolts and two lock nuts. All snugged back up.

Also, cleaned the places under the seat and gas tank. It was very dirty due to some openings in the rear fender. I placed a small sheet of plastic over the holes in the fender under the seat. That should help keep the dirt/dust down some in that area.

Got a few more little things to do before the first road trip of the season.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

BrakePads installed - Front and rear 5/30/18

Mileage - 48,683

Did a bike inspection for an upcoming ride to Branson, MO. Noticed the brake pads were worn in the rear. On May 23, did a search on the internet for brake pads. Found a full set at D2MOTO in California. See order summary below.

Order summary

2013-2017 Victory Cross Country Tour Front Brake Pads ◊ 1
$10.60
2013-2017 Victory Cross Country Tour Sintered HH Rear Brake Pads ◊ 1
$11.39

Subtotal
$21.99

Part # VBP056HH (rear) and VBP095 (front)

However, they did not arrive before our departure date of May 26.

Arrived home from the Branson trip of over 500 miles on May 30. Found the package of brake pads in the mailbox. Had a little time before softball. Pulled up the WitchDoctor's rear brake installation instructions and installed the rear set of pads - only 1 set. Old rear pads were pretty worn out.

Then watched the front pad installation video and decided I had enough time to install the fronts before the game. Cleaned the springs and reused the backing plates off the old pads (front and rear). Also, had some brake lube and used it on the two pins (bolts) that hold the pads in place. I did clean the pins first.

Broke in the new front and rear pads using the 45 mph hard stop to 35 mph 5 times then 35 mph to 25 mph 5 times them let brakes cool.

Mileage between brake pad change was 19,575.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by goodsgto; 05-30-2018 at 10:13 PM. Reason: mileage
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Drive Belt Adj, USB/Aux fix, Bag and Trunk Tethers installed 8/18/18

Mileage - 50,851

Drive Belt Adjustment - Noticed the drive belt was tracking to the right. Adjusted the belt and will watch to see if corrected.

USB/Aux - This after market accessory was installed when I did the radio amplifier and upgraded speakers. It stopped working, so I had the time to look at it today. It was a simple fix. The 2amp fuse was blown. I had check the fuse before but it was blown and the two ens were still touching making it look good at initial inspection. A little shake of the fuse sowed the breakage. $4 for a box of 2am fuses.

Tethers for Saddlebags and Trunk - I saw some saddlebag lid tethers for sale for $35 on Facebook. It helps support the saddlebag lids when open from stressing on the hinge and rubbing against the lower saddlebags when open. I used an old leather belt - split down the middle making it about 3/4" wide. I like the look and function so much that I replaced the wire cable on the trunk lid with leather also. Tether pictures of another bike not mine below.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tethers sample.jpg (45.1 KB, 7 views)
DrDolittle likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by goodsgto; 08-18-2018 at 11:24 PM. Reason: sp
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Spark plugs changed / Oil Changed 8/20/18

Mileage - 50,881

Spark plugs changed - Took a peek at the owners manual and noticed that the recommended spark plug change is 30,000 miles. Did some internet inquiries and the mileage is all over the place by other Victory riders. Well since the NGK DCPR6E spark plugs only cost $2.79 each at AutoZone. I bought 4 but only need two for this initially tune up. Two more for the next tune up.

Oil Changed - In July, I ordered new oil filters and extra brake pads from D2 Moto out of California. It appears the only parts they have for Victory are the brake pads and oil filters. Got a set of front and rear brake pads and 3 oil filters for about $36. Used Shell Rotella 15w40 semi synthetic oil and topped it off with half quart of T6 full synthetic oil. Will need to purchase new oil for the next oil change. I did use a new crush washer. Had 3802 miles between oil changes.

Still playing with the belt adjustment of the back wheel.

Headlight - Also, had a main head light bulb go out. It was an after market HID with a ballast. Switching to LED lights that are plug and play. They are due to arrive next week.

Driving Light going out - Ordered a replacement driving light since one has just 3 of its 6 lights working, It should arrive next week, Got a pair off eBay for $12 shipped.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Front Fender Replaced - 4/18/19

Mileage - 52,500

Front Fender Replaced - Had a little accident at a stop light about two weeks ago. Caused $1100 damage to the Ford Expeditions back bumper and $836.00 to the Victory.

Found a used front fender on Ebay for $125 shipped. It had a couple of stone chips but in over all good shape. It arrive and four bolts later it was installed.

Got the insurance check less the $500 deductable.

All is good now.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Expedition2 (8).jpg (74.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Victory2 (2).jpg (293.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Repalcement Fender2.jpg (90.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Replacement Fender1.jpg (91.1 KB, 0 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Clutch Repalcement / Oil Change - 4/19/19

Mileage - 52,553

Replaced Clutch Plates and Fibers - Purchased a new Barnett Clutch plate kit off Facebook for $165 shipped. Found the gasket kit for $35 shipped on eBay. Purchased the Barnett heavy duty clutch spring and plate off eBay for $116.

Went over to Steve's Friday evening to install the clutch kit and new spring. Also, changed the oil during the install. 1,672 miles between oil change.

Had to dremel a slot in the star bolts under the cover to get them out. Replaced with small bolts from Lowe's.

Old clutch still had some life left in it.

New cluth has a lot more friction surface area. The new spring is a VERY HARD pull. Hopefully, it will loosen up. If not, going back to the OEM stock clutch spring.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clutch.jpg (119.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Clutch1.jpg (128.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Clutch4.jpg (144.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Clutch5.jpg (70.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Clutch6.jpg (92.9 KB, 2 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page