'07 VTX 1800 F3 - My First... - Page 6 - VTXOA
 29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
28,000 mark was reached today. That's almost 4k miles for this season so far.
The brake light switch on my handle bars (front brakes) is acting up intermittently. I tried cleaning it and dielectric grease, but still intermittent. No way to pop it open without having to glue it closed again. I'll probably order a new switch and may replace the connectors on the ends of the wires.
Other than that, I've found that I'll get 42-44 MPGs when I find ethanol free fuel. May not be enough of an increase to justify the additional cost, but there's the added benefit of less corrosion causing ethanol and a smoother running bike. I'll keep using this stuff whenever available. I found an app called Pure Gas that maps where I can find ethanol free anywhere in the USA.

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed a throttle lock last weekend. I'll be trying it out a bit this week, heading to Montana. Gotta stay warm, but I know I'll be wishing for temps like this in just a few short months. Highs will be around low 60s, morning lows in the upper 30s.

I also got some new gloves - TourMaster Polar-Tex 3.0 from Amazon (sale for $74). They better be good, most expensive gloves I've bought.

This trip will put me over the 5k miles mark for the 2018 season. One of the best so far with this bike!

2007 VTX 1800 F Spec 3 - Mustang Seats, Cobra Angled Slashcuts, House of Kolor Blueberry Pearl paint and custom tank badge, lots of chrome, lots of sanding and polishing on the aluminum!
other stuff - HID headlight, airbox decapped plus K&N, ground fix, PAIR/desmog, tail light area minimalized, horn relocation, fwd controls extension, switch spiders removed, reflectors removed, Barnett clutch kit, Cobra FI2000R

Last edited by nate6966; 09-23-2018 at 10:30 PM.
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
25,600 miles
Time for new shoes!

Tires are looking good - 3,100 miles on them so far.

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
29,200 miles (5k miles for the 2018 season - not bad considering I parked it at the end of September when Dad died)

Brake and clutch fluid changed. New battery. New incandescent headlight.

Last edited by nate6966; 11-28-2018 at 09:05 PM.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 03:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed my new headlight from www.vtxdaymaker.com today. B3 kit with the adjustable bracket. I love it.

post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:41 PM
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate6966 View Post
Installed my new headlight from www.vtxdaymaker.com today. B3 kit with the adjustable bracket. I love it.
It is nice. I also added 4" daymakers to my Cobra driving lights... I still can't decide if I can see better during the day, or at night with these lights!!!
nate6966 likes this.

2009 VTX1300R
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-17-2019, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage

post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
31,970 miles
Installed a new Stebel Nautilus horn. They were on clearance from Stebel for $25 after shipping. Compressor is behind the left side cover, horn is in front of the rear wheel.

Also cleaned and lubed gear shift linkage.

The Dunlop Elite 3 on the rear is still looking great.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page