Myrtle Beach, SC - City council doesn't Want Bike Rallies - Page 4 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 11:28 AM

If you live in SC you can post what you want but not living in or around Myrtle Beach I'm not going down and spend 2K+ and then add up the tickets forget it I'll go someway else without the Cops..................

Myrtle Beach was great but even now I'm staying away even when it's not during a bike week, all good thing do come to an end. Maybe in 5 years it could be back but who knows.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
03VTX1800R, Kuryakyn Pro Hypercharger, PC III, V&H Big Shots, K&N Filter, Switchblade 2up, Aeromach 4" Risers, Paladin Backrest w/Luggage rack , National Hard saddle bags,Mustang seat, GARMIN Quest GPS, Belt. Pro GX65 R/L Detector, Dauntless Hitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 AM

whatever! you ussy you!

http://www.ilads.org/ http://www.lymedisease.org/home.html
Power corrupts and ultimate power corrupts ultimately. Article II, Section 1, Clause 4 of the United States Constitution "The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is a knowledge of our own ignorance."

post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 12:34 AM

i heard on the radio today that north myrtle beach is still putting out the welcome mat for the bike rally.

If an explosion goes "BANG", does an implosion go "GNAB"?
It looks a lot more like it does now than it did when I first started!

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 PM

They had a segmant on the local news tonight showing the helmet law signs being posted in the city of myrtle beach. The rally is still going on in north myrtle beach.

2005 1300R VTX
1994 Harley 883 Sportster
2003 750 ACE-Gone
1978 XR75-Long Gone
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 AM

Some good input on here but just wanted to vent a little as well. It is obvious with the new restrictions that some in MB does not want biker rallies. As mentioned earlier, what sense does this make? Here our Country is in one of the worst, if not the worst economical states it has seen. And MB says no to thousands of folks wanting to come and spend money in their city, during the off season. Yep, no brainer there! As for how a city can make a law that the State does not enforce. I have been told they can as long as the city makes it stricter and not less strict. Ie. State says helmets but the city says no helmets. Now, would you win the battle in a State court of law? Sure, probably so, but by the time you spend the money on lawyers and court costs, you could probably buy your own helmet factory. As mentioned earlier as well, outside MB limits, like North MB, they will still welcome ridders. Seems to me the best stance we can make is to ride through MB, do not stop and spend money, then continue to North MB. Not only will it show we are not shaken by their unwitty decisions, but it will also hurt them were it counts, REVENUE!

Just venting, ride safe
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-03-2009, 05:07 PM

According to local sources in Myrtle Beach, Harley Davidson has pulled it's sponsorship for the event and has started promoting the event to take place in New Bern, NC as the replacement location for this event.

In this economic downturn that we are experiencing nationally, already I think this is going to be a kick in the backside to the current politicians in MB. I mean really I think they just threw the baby out with the bathwater. Does the mayor even have a clue what he's done to the local economy in Myrtle? 500,000 + motocyclists are taking their business and $$$$$ elsewhere now. I think the locals need to have a recall vote on that mayor and get someone in that will help generate revenue instead of running it off. Just wait until the taxes go up because of the lost revenue.
60 plus years of Motorcycle rallys in Myrtle brought to an end.

'02 1800C Illusion Blue
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in GA View Post
According to local sources in Myrtle Beach, Harley Davidson has pulled it's sponsorship for the event and has started promoting the event to take place in New Bern, NC as the replacement location for this event.

In this economic downturn that we are experiencing nationally, already I think this is going to be a kick in the backside to the current politicians in MB. I mean really I think they just threw the baby out with the bathwater. Does the mayor even have a clue what he's done to the local economy in Myrtle? 500,000 + motocyclists are taking their business and $$$$$ elsewhere now. I think the locals need to have a recall vote on that mayor and get someone in that will help generate revenue instead of running it off. Just wait until the taxes go up because of the lost revenue.
60 plus years of Motorcycle rallys in Myrtle brought to an end.
Once again I say Screw MB. Leave for the golfers there are plenty of other rallies where bikers are actually welcome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2007 VTX1300S
http://biker-haven.forumotion.com/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page