My SHARK AMP/FM Radio Install - Page 2 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonma View Post
I just recieved my Shark Audio system and was looking over the manual. I have hooked it up to test, but now planning out the install. Speakers no problem...mounted in 5 minutes uses supplied brackets. Amp...still unsure where to put it. Wiring? GoodDeals says I can wire direct to battery and not have to worry about draining it? Anyone else wired direct to battery? Notice any problems? I have the 250w with radio version.
My post three up. ^^^^^^^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM
G-B

I got mind in the mail two weeks ago. I dont have pics (can't figure how to post them yet), but follow me. I have the speakers mounted to the shield (second screw in on both sides). i like the idea up having the shield to provide some sort of protection. The amp is temp place in my windshield bag. After this thread I know a better place to mount it. I have the remote, got the wire pulled under the tank and the small remote is on my tank just ahead of my seat. For the wiring, straight to the battery. Jammed it at Jacksonville Beach for about 30 mins with no problem. I have had a hard time finding a good place for the antenna so I use my ipod 99% of the time and the sound is great. Went with black 250w vice chrome, something different and glad I did, no glare on sunny days. Good investment for $130.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-28-2009, 04:04 PM

Everything is mocked up now...

I mounted speakers to my Memphis Shade shield. I used one of the bolts that attaches the shield to the mounting bracket. The amp is mounted next to my headlight from the bottom on my upper triple tree using a bracket I fabbed. Wired straight back to the battery. Nice thing is, if I need to remove my shield all I do is flip the quick disconnects, unplug 2 rca connection wires...bing done. I didn't get the remote, but with it mounted next to headlight, I can reach the buttons on the front. I had checked out before I remembered to add the remote. I chatted online with customer support and sent $9 thru Paypal for it. They were going to adjust the order to include it. They didn't fix the order so remote was shipped. I suspect that they have one model number, but two models. The one I received has no connection for a remote. On the site they say...order remote and kit at the same time. If ordered seperate remote will not fit. I see why. If you don't order remote you get the kit without the connector. If you order a remote you get the one with a connector. Why not just list 2 models and charge $119 and $128 on the website?

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 04:21 PM

Super clean install
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyfingers View Post
Super clean install
I just visited the amp sellers site. They have my install photos for their advertisement .
A cleaner install .
If anyone wants to put a permanent cover on the amp a DU-BRO 24 ounce model airplane fuel tank can be trimmed to fit perfectly over the amp. It is a semi-transparent white. The red light on the unit shows thru the cover.
I added the remote. Radio Shack sells the controller plug and the special crimper that works.
I am sorry I did not get any photos of the permanent cover and remote install.
I have a Goldwing now and will soon be selling this system as described at a low price.
Remember that I have shortened the cords to fit handlebars on a VTX1800N.
The polished tig welded mounts will be included. I just don't have time to make up an advertisement now due to having a new AC unit installed in my shop tomorrow .
I also have a new stock unit in BLACK I need to sell at a very fair price (unbeatable).

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

SOLD

My radio shown on the install has a new home in north Florida .

post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Wow...17,071 views of my post as of today. I wonder if and when it will hit 20K views

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-12-2010, 08:03 PM

I never knew those existed. Thanks for the share. I am going to look for it online.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 02:17 PM

handlebar bag

I have a 250w Shark audio system I just purchased from Gooddeals (and before anyone says anything, I know it isn't louder with the higher watts) and I'm not sure where to mount the amp. I tried the tool box area, but it is a bit too bulky to fit in there... so, I've heard tales of putting it into a motorcycle handlebar bag. Comments, anyone? I would think it prone to over heating in there.

I'm pretty new to this board, so forgive me if this has been covered before. I've looked but can't seem to find anything.

Thank you!

BTW... I have a 2006 VTX1300R.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01850.jpg (61.2 KB, 29 views)
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
I have a 250w Shark audio system I just purchased from Gooddeals (and before anyone says anything, I know it isn't louder with the higher watts) and I'm not sure where to mount the amp. I tried the tool box area, but it is a bit too bulky to fit in there... so, I've heard tales of putting it into a motorcycle handlebar bag. Comments, anyone? I would think it prone to over heating in there.

I'm pretty new to this board, so forgive me if this has been covered before. I've looked but can't seem to find anything.

Thank you!

BTW... I have a 2006 VTX1300R.

Lots of people will respond and say the amp will be fine in a tool bag .
Heat may not kill the unit initially but its damage is cumulative . It will have a much shorter lifespan compared to an amp that is cooled properly either using a fan or just mounting it in the open (free-air) .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page