My SHARK AMP/FM Radio Install - Page 3 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 04:36 PM

Thanks!

I appreciate the comment. Much like any electronics, it works better if cool. I was thinking about ventilating my handlebar bag since I don't have a windshield yet. Curious to see what kind of decibel-age I'll get with no shield.

I do like your setup, however. Perhaps the handlebar tool kit will be a temporary solution.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 05-25-2010, 01:30 AM

I've got mine in a sony camera bag I got from Walmart I think...It had a lower zip-up pouch that worked out well for wire management, all the wires go in there. I cut out the wall between the compartments to allow them in. I also put a piece of aluminum L-bar on top of the amp, down through the opening I cut- this gives it a channel for air to come through. You can kinda see it here.

Now, though, I'm thinking about mounting it to the underside of the triple tree or in the toolbox- I've got it wired on a switched lead of it's own. I like the convenience here, but I find I never use the radio, just my mp3 player, so I really don't need access to it. You can use standard RCA extensions and a phone line extension to add to the length of the wires, without having to cut into them.
Plus, I can't see my risers and the chrome triple tree cover this way!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed."
Robert M. Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM

Hey Dag -

How'd you mount those to your shield? Did you just use the supplied bracket or did you make something up for that? I like how close you got the speakers to your shield.

Vince

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-22-2011, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Hit Prediction

It looks to me like this thread should reach the 30,000 view count on October 23,2011.
Lets see how close my prediction is .
It has certainly made a lot of people aware of HDL's VTX forums .

post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX1800NR View Post
It looks to me like this thread should reach the 30,000 view count on October 23,2011.
Lets see how close my prediction is .
It has certainly made a lot of people aware of HDL's VTX forums .
Apparently, your pics are drawing attention from retailers as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/shark-motorcycle...item45f481b923

Old and worn out.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2011, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrhick View Post
Apparently, your pics are drawing attention from retailers as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/shark-motorcycle...item45f481b923
Gooddeals has offered me a discount on any of their products since I am automatically the photo copyright holder. The law reads that the original photographer is the copyright holder.
I gave them permission since they were nice enough to contact me.
Amazon.Com is another story. They don't reply to complaints to copyright infringements. Too big to fight for a small return .

post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Smile

post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus View Post
I have a 250w Shark audio system I just purchased from Gooddeals (and before anyone says anything, I know it isn't louder with the higher watts) and I'm not sure where to mount the amp. I tried the tool box area, but it is a bit too bulky to fit in there... so, I've heard tales of putting it into a motorcycle handlebar bag. Comments, anyone? I would think it prone to over heating in there.

I'm pretty new to this board, so forgive me if this has been covered before. I've looked but can't seem to find anything.

Thank you!

BTW... I have a 2006 VTX1300R.

mine is in a bag mounted inside my black fairing for over three years, and works just fine, for the clean way I mounted it, and its cheap price, I will replace it if it ever burns out. I have the memphes bat wing speakers, amp control switch and mp3 are all mounted way inside it and cant hardle see any of it, VERY clean install and works fantastic!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BFL BrotherHood
S/K R.I.P.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-14-2013, 07:54 PM

I would disagree on hard wiring to battery. No music when key is off is acceptable, no crank and bike start is inacceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTX Candy Red View Post
Everything looks good. Nice install. The ONLY thing I'd do differently, and to each his own, is to wire it to the battery or another continuous power source. If you want to listen to it while stopped somewhere you'll have to have the key on. I put a switch on mine and have only left it on once and that was in the garage so I could charge the battery easy enough.

Paul Schweizer
SoCal
2002 Honda VTX 1800C
2001 Kawi Concours
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-17-2015, 12:50 PM

Shark amp install

I bought my husband the 600 Watt shark radio for Christmas. He installed it yesterday and put the amp in a windshield bag on his Dyna low rider. The amp got extremely hot - what can he do to rectify this? Is there a bracket that he can get or what other suggestions are out there?
The year of his bike is a 2008.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page