XM Install - VTXOA
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rangers4u

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

XM Install

Ok, so XM sent me this nifty little receiver that will mount to my windshield w/ the little sticky thing.....I don't want to pay the dealer when I know the wiring brains to my bike are in the headlight, and I KNOW someone around here has done this. Can someone point me to a tutorial?

I know it says I'm new...I'm really not...I used to run around in here as ROKJOK from Fort Walton Beach....can't find my password and all that...so had to do a new account.

2005 1800N, in case that matters.

Lookin' forward to getting back in here and rubbing elbows with VTX fam, new and old.

TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 03:21 PM

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/66-gps-m...o-install.html

Post#5 should give you and idea.

VTXOA 'Members Who Can Help' Map<<---ClicHere
PGR RC, 2010 GL 1800 Endeavor Reverse Trike, DS#1146, 04VTX 1300C
AKA "Pooch" IBA#55800 SS1Kx3, SS2K,BB1500x2,BBGold, 50CC Certified
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-09-2017, 06:44 PM

I have my XM Onyx mounted to my handlebars. The kit came with a little metal square for the magnetic antenna that mounts with one of the 2 bolts that hold the clutch reservoir. I have a Kury socket power point that I plug the 5.5V power adapter into, and this is directly wired from a 6 circuit fuse block, off the battery, and I have a Miccus Bluetooth sender that plugs into the speaker jack on the back of the Onyx dock. The Bluetooth goes wireless to the SENA 5 setup inside my helmet. The audio coming through the un-amplified speakers is fine w/o being too loud up to hiway cruising speeds, then it gets hard with a little more wind noise to deal with. I have a Hondaline w/s not a fairing. DID NOT have to get into the headlight for my tunes.
Denver VTX likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Jim! Right on the money, found the part I need for 16.99 on Amazon.....no shipping because I'm a Prime whore.....I'll have it Tuesday...shall be cruisin' with Watercolors on Wednesday!

2005 VTX 1800 N
Panama City Beach
Formerly RokJok from Fort Walton Beach

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page