• 1 Post By schrecengost
  • 1 Post By jbrittjr
  • 3 Post By shadango
  • 1 Post By jbrittjr

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
bluetooth tire pressure monitor system

Does anyone have experience with the bluetooth TPMS? Looking at my phone seems alot easier than trying to work around my saddlebags and rolling my rear wheel into just the right position. Also, it can send audible alerts over my intercom headset if I suddenly get a low pressure reading while riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 05:37 AM

I put a set on my bike about a week or so ago. I was amazed how fast the tire pressures went up ~4 lbs. or so. I bought mine off flea bay for $50.00, they work good for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 005.jpeg (220.1 KB, 39 views)

04 1800 C.....Candy Orange Flame....R.I.P.
07 1800 C.....Well that's what the title said
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 07:54 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrittjr View Post
I put a set on my bike about a week or so ago. I was amazed how fast the tire pressures went up ~4 lbs. or so. I bought mine off flea bay for $50.00, they work good for me.
This is great info. Does that mean if my target PSI is 40, I should inflate to ~36psi when cold?
steveroy60 likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Tpms

Quote:
Which brand did you go with? Did you choose the internal or external sensor? Have you noticed how long it takes for the pressure to come back down after a ride?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 08:18 AM

This is what I bought they screw on the valve stem. The monitor actually holds the temp reading until I ride my bike again, then it will reset

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-TPMS-Mo...otor.TRS1.TSS0
chuckster64 likes this.

Last edited by jbrittjr; 07-20-2018 at 08:29 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-28-2018, 04:20 PM

Using the same one from EBay, working good.
Head unit holds a charge long time, only charged when it was installed.
Tires PSI goes up 3-4 lbs, Rear runs slightly warmer.

2006 Honda VTX 1300S, 9600 Miles, Ultimate Big Boy seat with backrest, several of Glens products.
Wally running lights, LED turn signals, Kury grips, RTB, TPMS.
Progressive Fork Springs, 1800 Rear Shocks.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 08:12 AM

One more vote for the system above..... its the "CAREUD" one, and I got mine from Amazon for $52.87.

I was skeptical, but after having used it almost every day now for about two months, I have to say I am impressed.

Just last week I finally had to charge the unit off the bike, and when I put it back on, it synched right back up the next time I rode.

The unit does turn itself off automatically when you park.....it turns back on when you move the bars....I didnt realize that and discovered it quite accidentally. I had been turning it off after each ride and back on before each ride. NO NEED TO!!!

The instructions are , at best, mediocre. They were written by someone not 100% fluent with English so there is some deciphering you need to do.

You have to set the minimum and maximum temps and pressures (there is an alarm that goes off when you reach those limits) and you have to set the unit for either degrees F or C and pressure LBS or metric (brain fart right now, cant recall the metric equivalent).

The monitor saves the last pressure readings right before you parked. Then updates when you move the bike......seems like sometimes it tales more movement to get it to refresh, which is a bit of a pain since I like to know the pressure BEFORE I pull the bike out of the garage....but so far it has been OK.

I have been shocked at the swing of the pressures and temps, especially the rear.

On one of the hottest days the temp of the rear went to 115 degrees and 46 pounds.....I keep my rear at 38-40 and my front at 33-34.

I have verified the pressure readings with my favorite stick type gauge and its dead-on for me.

I have switched to the T style metal tire valves so I can add air without removing the sensor, which is a bit of a pain.

The unit is said to be waterproof, and so far so good --- heavy rains and washes have not been an issue. Although I did notice some moisture on the inside of the screen (fog, a tiny bit) for a couple days after a major soaking.....will have to watch that.

Will have to wait and see how long the batteries in the sensors themselves last. Hoping it is a long time....that is the only thing yet to be discovered.

Have to say, my experience with this relatively inexpensive product has been great!

2005 1800R (Ol' Ruby)
RIP: 2005 1300R (Ol' Silver)
Courtesy and Tolerance.........Courtesy begets Tolerance and Tolerance begets Courtesy.
AKA -- "Do Unto Others"
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 09:09 AM

I always double check the unit with my pressure gage as well before leaving the house. Seems to me the rear heats up faster because of the harder throttle input I throw at it. That and the front tire is out in the wind not hidden behind the motor and under cover from the rear fender. IDK

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 09:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
This is what I bought they screw on the valve stem. The monitor actually holds the temp reading until I ride my bike again, then it will reset

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-TPMS-Mo...otor.TRS1.TSS0

and here is my biggest issue with e-bay stuff..

NO LONGER Available... 3-4 months and gone.
but I have no skills with e-bay..

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 86,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-20-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
and here is my biggest issue with e-bay stuff..

NO LONGER Available... 3-4 months and gone.
but I have no skills with e-bay..
Chuck, here are three ways for you, go on ebay and type in "motorcycle tpms",or google search the same and you'll find some on amazon, or if you would like,I'll get you a set and send them to you. All I'd need are your pressure and tire temps to set them up, and whether you wanted the monitors in chrome or black.

Jim
GeorgiaVTX likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page