Best amp - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Red face Best amp

Hello fellow VTX riders

I am looking for the best amp to power my 4 steel horse speakers. My speakers came with a roxford fozgate punch amp and the amp does work very well ... it over heats (165 degrees according to my mechanic!) and it cuts out after forty minutes of play from my iphone via bluetooth and Spotify.

Cost is no option...i will pay premium price for my Credence Clearwater as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Montana Redneck

"Hope is a good thing...maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies"

2005 Honda Neo Retro VTX 1800 Cobalt blue, stock pipes, new dunlop tires (both) ...Kuryakyn Iso grips with throttle boss, aluminum running boards, Windshield with chrome accents no tint, quick release saddlebags, Mustang seats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-20-2019, 09:47 PM

Garage
Where is it mounted???
Is it getting air flow??
What model??

2005 1300c Red, Mustang seat, HK 2.5 straights. Leds for safety-front & back. 193,118 VTX miles
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Inside my saddlebag

"Hope is a good thing...maybe the best of things...and no good thing ever dies"

2005 Honda Neo Retro VTX 1800 Cobalt blue, stock pipes, new dunlop tires (both) ...Kuryakyn Iso grips with throttle boss, aluminum running boards, Windshield with chrome accents no tint, quick release saddlebags, Mustang seats

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-21-2019, 12:44 PM

Garage
Couple unknowns here but I looked at the website for Steel Horse and I think they're over-reaching on their specs. I have never seen a 5 1/4 or 6 1/2 speaker that could handle what they claim. They use Kicker speakers and at best they probably handle 70 watts each. The Fosgate amp they pair it with has a 1% distortion level which is up there. That said, I have been a big fan of Hertz products which I run with my system. A couple of recommendations would be the following- These are clean running amps which means the volume will be louder without the distortion since these have .2% distortion on average. Not the cheapest but you get what you pay for. Good luck.

HCP4 - Hertz 4-Channel Class D
HMP 4D 4 Channel Class D

Tags
amp , bluetooth , music , sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page