Meet-N-Greet Ride?!***UPDATED*** - Page 3 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 02:00 AM

I'm game if I can make it, but I doubt I'll be able too.... if not you guys better have a beer for me!!

-Richard
05 1800F/N - the goodies keep getting better...
I walk on water

CLICK here for Darkside Forum
DS -01/06/07
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 AM Thread Starter

younggun wrote: "I would be up for camping around here somewhere or really anywhere. Oakwood up by brookings or lake herman up by madison. There both really nice places."

I think lake herman would be a place to look at. I actually just got married there this summer.....there is a place called Camp Lakodia which is owned by a company I use to work for out of Sioux Falls called CSD. They have a ton of cabins, a dining hall, a reception hall with a stage, and even a million dollar lodge...(not to mention a ton of regular camp sites) One of the best things about this place is that it is considered a "deaf camp" which means that we won't be bothering a lot of people with our loud exhaust! At any rate, this is more of the feel I was going for....I still think we should do the Hot Harley Nights and everything else, but for our first gathering, it would be nice to actually be able to meet everyone rather than yelling "WHATS YOUR NAME AGAIN" over a band playing in the background?! Just my opinion......Like I said, if any of you guys want a hand in planning this, shoot me a pm so we can get going on somthing.......

Another thing to consider, we are dealing with a Bit*h of a winter, I know I for one am going to be overly ready to get this spring feavor out of my system, so do we want to make this more of a spring gathering....maybe mid to late may/June??.......Somthing to kick around?!!
post #23 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 11:45 AM

I would be up for an early camp out. Lake Herman sounds like a nice place and its not far for me. Hopefully we can get something cooking.

post #24 of 78 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

You guys will have to forgive me.....I was planning on calling a few places today for the camping, but I went to the Dr. yesterday and found out I have a nice case of Influenza A!! So yeah....here I sit, feeling like I got hit by a bus.....at any rate, I should have some details panned out by early next week....keep checking back!!

~Banik07
post #25 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-02-2008, 07:44 PM

Hey banik07 ive tried to send you messages but it seems that there not going through. So ya ill look at looking at some places to camp.
post #26 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Alright, here are the plans for the meet & Greet:

We will be staying at Newton Hills State Park. The date will be set for JUNE 7th 2008! I will give you 2 links, the 1ST link will be the main site with the phone number you need to call and make your camping reservation, the 2ND is a map of the park grounds......on this map, look for the area that Cabins 1,2,3, and 4 are in, everyone who is planning on tenting it should reserve tent sites as close to those 4 cabins as possible (to avoid mixing others sites with ours) have your map either printed out, or your computer on while making reservations.....if the site you choose is taken, you will be able to ask for another and so on, until you find one that is available.... A bunch of us from around here will be staying both Friday(6th) and Sat.(7th) If you would like to join us, shoot me a PM and I will give you my # so we can make further plans.

We are not able to make reservations until ***MARCH 9TH***(open 7 days a week) they only allow you to make reservations 90 days in advance. Their office opens at 7AM Central time....I would suggest that you call as early as possible to get the site you want.

http://www.sdgfp.info/parks/Regions/Hea ... nHills.htm

http://www.sdgfp.info/Parks/CampMaps/NewtonHillsSP.pdf

We will meet at Newton Hills Cabin #4 on Sat at 12PM, make the ride out to the park and get set up. Once everyone is settled in, we will go for a cruise on all the awesome back Hwys around that area, and possibly stop off in Bersford for lunch. After that....we'll continue our journey to ???? I know it's a bit unconventional to not have a maped out ride, but what the Hell, we'll have just as much fun making it up as we go right!!

So there you go.....If I'm missing any details, or you need further info, shoot me a PM.

Peace,

~Jason
(Banik07)
post #27 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Just a heads up....I am going to attempt reserve cabin 3.....I think the tent sites that should be reserved are:

102E
103E
104E
105E
106E
107E

The method to my madness is if we get all of those tent sites along with at least cabins 3&4, we will have that whole dead end area for the X'ers....that way, we can party on in to the night at/around cabin's 3&4 and won't have as many people around to complain about us!
post #28 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 05:35 PM

planned on purpose to put us next to the Vault Toilets (whatever that means)...

is it limited to one tent per tent site?

It's on my calendar but there are a few other things that weekend...so i may be a late reservation.

2002 1800 C/F/R - custom paint by Hoss1
2000 VTR1000F Superhawk - yellow
2000 Ducati 996 - red
1994 XR650L - dirty
A witty saying proves nothing.
post #29 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, not sure what the vault toilets are all about?.....I think you can have two tents per site but you may want to check on that when you reserve.......Hope you can make it!
post #30 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 PM

Bummer date for me but no worries, we will be outta town for a week over that weekend, gotta do the family vacation trip ya know. Heads up for you guys, at the SD state parks, the campsites go in a BIG hurry on the weekends, make your recervations ASAP when able, as in, first morning at the start time. Have fun

sixwillwin

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2003 1800C with 1800 final! - 250/240 rear, Jug Huggers, painted engine/polished fins, big bars, tank raised, lotsa stuff SOLD Now 2013 Victory Cross Country in Suede Nuclear Sunset

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page