Meet-N-Greet Ride?!***UPDATED*** - Page 8 - VTXOA

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banik07
Bummer man, hope you can make it next year.....or maybe we'll see you for Hot Harley Nights??!
yeah, post up if you guys are going to meet up there

2002 1800 C/F/R - custom paint by Hoss1
2000 VTR1000F Superhawk - yellow
2000 Ducati 996 - red
1994 XR650L - dirty
A witty saying proves nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-17-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

will do, I'm sure there will be a post once it gets a bit closer to the time
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 12:31 AM

Re: Meet-N-Greet Ride?!***UPDATED***

Jason,I went and rode the route today.It is 115 miles from my house in Tea,back to my house in Tea!I went from here,down to Canton and turned on Hiway 11 headed south to Alcester.This stretch was long and boring.I'm going to see if there is a better route.Then Alcester over to Hawarden back to Hudson(which has 2 places for a snack and beverage)back up into Canton going thru Newton Hills.The part where we will hit Alcester all the way to the end was pretty good riding.Maybe we can get together and ride the route and see what you think.

post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Lets do it man.....if the weather is alright on Sat afternoon, would that work for you? You figure 115 from tea back to tea would put us at about........85 miles or so? I think that sounds about right. If anyone feels like riding more after we get back, that's cool too, we can just fly by the seat of our pants at that point......besides, we'll have some grilling to do once we get back! Let me know when you want to ride, I'm off work most days by 3:00....once I get home and changed you can figure 3:45ish?
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 07:18 PM

I also thought about heading on into town after that ride....maybe go to the Falls and get a photo for ya'll!I might be available on Saturday....I'll get back to you....
post #76 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Hey that sounds like a plan....a picture at the falls would be nice.....I watched the weather this morning and it's suppose to rain all weekend, not sure that will work. I'm usually open evenings as well, you can always give me a call or shoot a PM a day or so ahead of time....I'll message you with my #
post #77 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Send a message via MSN to itallica

Hey everyone! Just got back into riding after a 15 year "vacation" raising some kids.

Good luck getting the m/g going - we should start a SD chapter - I was really surprised there isn't one! If you need help with web stuff let me know... it's what I do!

I would certainly be there for the ride... but I'll be in Okoboji that weekend. THAT would be a great little run sometime, too.

Here is one that I and the wife will be riding in at the end of the month...
------------------------------------------------------

here is the URL: http://www.sanfordhealth.org/AboutSanfo ... ionsTimes/

You may begin your ride in Sioux Falls, Mitchell, or the Vermillion/ Yankton area. Each of these rides will end with a post-bash picnic on the Sanford Campus in Sioux Falls.

May 31, 2008 ∑ Combined Post Bash Picnic Rallies

Sioux Falls Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at J&L Harley Davidson and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanford's Sioux Falls Campus.

Mitchell Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at Campbell Supply and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanfordís Sioux Falls Campus.

Vermillion/Yankton Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at Vermillion Wal-Mart and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanfordís Sioux Falls Campus.

Madison Rally
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at a location that is TBD and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at the Cancer Center on Sanfordís Sioux Falls Campus.

Individual Rallies by Community
Huron Rally - May 31, 2008
This non competitive, self guided ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at TBD and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at TBD.

Watertown Rally - June 28, 2008
This non competitive ride will take riders through approximately 100 miles of scenic countryside. Riders begin their ride with a blessing of the bikes at Glacial Lakes Harley Davidson and are given route directions at registration. The ride ends with a family friendly post bash picnic at Glacial Lakes Harley Davidson.

post #78 of 78 (permalink) Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

That sounds great! I will try and make it for the Sioux Falls ride! Congrats on getting back in to riding, I'm sure you'll have a blast this summer after a 15 year "vacation"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page