Best Exhaust for my Bike... - VTXOA
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Best Exhaust for my Bike...

Ok, so, I picked up my 2005 1300s a few months back and the nimrod I bought it from tried to make it look and sound like a Harley. He stripped all the emblems off, rigged some kind of seat to fit from some other Honda and did the 'hack and slash' on the stock pipe shields to make Screamin' Eagle slip-on's fit on it!!!! Anyway, I am bringing it back to the way a VTX was meant to look like and I have one very important question. I need to fix the pipes. I want to keep it loud like it is now, but I need to make this guys attempt at good looking pipes go away. I am in the St. Louis area and I can't seem to find anyone who knows what they're talking about. Can you guys give me suggestions on what pipes to buy? I am planning on getting them this winter, but need to research first. Don't want to be stuck with pipes I don't like!! Any suggestions would be most appreciated!!!! Cheers!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM

You could probably find a set of local stock pipes for 1300R/S for relatively cheap (or even free) if you want the original retro look, but you won't get the loud exhaust volume from stock pipes unless you do some of your own modifications (which it doesn't sound like you endorse). If you want some nice looking pipes with volume, do some 'searches' on this site for feedback on aftermarket exhausts or try youtube.com for videos on other people's exhausts. Ask 100 people on this board about exhaust preference and you'll get 100 different answers, it's really what YOU like best. The only other aftermarket pipes that I know of that kind of look like original retro pipes might be Cobra slashcuts or Roadhouse Mufflers.

Same with the seats, I think there is another post a few down from here in the classifieds with a guy selling a stock 1300R/S seat for $40.

As for emblems, they occasionally show up here for sale as well.

Good luck... and I wouldn't exactly call the guy who did the mods on the bike before you a 'nimrod'... lots of bike enthusiasts like to customize their own bikes to fit them better... you might find yourself doing the same very soon...
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:16 AM

Thumbs up Bub"s

I have a 06 r.. Bought the Bub Jug huggers.. Best sounding & looking pipe on the market. They cost alittle bit more than HK's or Vance & Hines or Cobra's. I get a ton of compliments on them.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to VTXRICAN Send a message via MSN to VTXRICAN
& Welcome to the board. This a great place to get all you answer. Lots of great folks here willing to help out. The best advise I can give you in regards to the exhaust is to go out & find your local bike night to see & hear them for your self. Lot of member here like the Bubs, but everyone has there on preference. I love my cobras speedsters. Also there are sound clips like YouTube but that's only a sound bit and can very. The worse thing you could do is pay big buck for pips you don't like.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeac View Post
You could probably find a set of local stock pipes for 1300R/S for relatively cheap (or even free) if you want the original retro look, but you won't get the loud exhaust volume from stock pipes unless you do some of your own modifications (which it doesn't sound like you endorse). If you want some nice looking pipes with volume, do some 'searches' on this site for feedback on aftermarket exhausts or try youtube.com for videos on other people's exhausts. Ask 100 people on this board about exhaust preference and you'll get 100 different answers, it's really what YOU like best. The only other aftermarket pipes that I know of that kind of look like original retro pipes might be Cobra slashcuts or Roadhouse Mufflers.

Same with the seats, I think there is another post a few down from here in the classifieds with a guy selling a stock 1300R/S seat for $40.

Good luck... and I wouldn't exactly call the guy who did the mods on the bike before you a 'nimrod'... lots of bike enthusiasts like to customize their own bikes to fit them better... you might find yourself doing the same very soon...

Thanks, guys, for the suggestions! I will get back with you and give you feed back on the ones I decide to put on. By the way, if you can't modify your bike the right way, using the right parts, you are a nimrod. Do it right, or don't do it at all. Thanks again! Cheers!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 07:54 PM

I have a set of 04 stock pipes with the clayton mod. I have hardkrome 2.5'' on mine and I think they sound great.

2004 VTX 1300S, Harley batwing fairing with gauges, HD Roadking saddlebags, HK 2.5'' classic straights, Iso grips, Mustang seat, 10'' miniapes
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:00 PM

Go to the missouri board and there are people who live in Saint Louis that now what they are talking about.

You can hear about every choice of pipes you might want to buy next. Just ask I have V&H bigshots you can listen to.

send me a pm and we can set something up

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2005 1300R 87000 miles gone
2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

PM sent!!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 05:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to ttp357
V & H

i have vance & hignes straight pipes sound great. good rumble but no to loud.
05 1300r stock pipes can not be heard. like people to hear me because they never see me.
Earl Riviere likes this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_haze_1300s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeac View Post

Good luck... and I wouldn't exactly call the guy who did the mods on the bike before you a 'nimrod'... lots of bike enthusiasts like to customize their own bikes to fit them better... you might find yourself doing the same very soon... [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif[/IMG]

Thanks, guys, for the suggestions! I will get back with you and give you feed back on the ones I decide to put on. By the way, if you can't modify your bike the right way, using the right parts, you are a nimrod. Do it right, or don't do it at all. Thanks again! Cheers! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/images/smilies/doorag.gif[/IMG]

Sorry it’s been so long. Can’t believe the time has gone by so quickly. I wound up going with Bub Jug Huggers. Absolutely love them. Perfect rumble and awesome look. I get compliments still to this day. I’ve done so so much more to my bike since this post! It’s not purple anymore! 😂 Too bad I cant change my user name! I’ve restored the seat back to factory and I had 14” apes put on! She’s still going strong at 28k miles! Having a hard time at the moment trying to find a decent set of low profile mirrors for it, but I’m sure I’ll find them eventually! Anyway, cheers guys and gals. I’ll try and post more often. Shiny side up! 💪🏻😎🏍️

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page