My riding is suspended indefinitely thanks to Hard Krome!! - Page 19 - VTXOA
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 188 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangrousdan View Post
I don't come here much anymore, but got a notice about this thread and just want to add me and my VTX are still going. I retired from my retail job about two years ago, so now I can have a beard.

My bread is trimmed back to 1 1/2" for summer now the pic of it longer was 3-4 months ago. I hope all that have problems are able to get back on the road and be safe out there!
Good to see you still around...do you still have your X?
dangrousdan likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 188 (permalink) Old 07-30-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR VTX View Post
Good to see you still around...do you still have your X?

Yes and I need to ride more, but I seem to wait for the wife to be free to go along too much. I enjoy it more with her along but she stays too busy with the kids, grandkids and even with helping out my parents, all good things that I won't complain about or want her to quit doing. My local riding buddies have moved or no longer ride.
MR VTX and Earl Riviere like this.

Sent from my PC or Laptop or Netbook by Tapping MY KEYBOARD ;^)
post #183 of 188 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans&Feet View Post
My HK 2.5" were blatty, I added my version of a lollipop, it sounds good to me.
Several times I welded the brackets. One weld(scar) on the bottom pipe heat shield.
If it ever breaks I will have staggered pipes. 180k miles on them.

10 year old thread!
Can you give a little more information on "your version of lollipop".

post #184 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 08:58 PM

I had hk3s that did the exact same thing! I called them and they basically told me i was s.o.l. so i custom made a set using the stock flanges. I would never reccomend hard krome to any one.
MR VTX and RBS like this.

04 1300c, darkside. I've been riding since i was 6, started on the streets around the small town i grew up in and doing a lot of parking lot practice when i was 13, and i never looked back.

"I was born to do wrong, a sinner before i left my mothers womb" Psalms 51:5
post #185 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-14-2019, 10:21 PM

So what do you guys feel are the best aftermarket pipes.I think mine are hard chrome too. I had the heat shields re-welded. They started rattling and discovered some of the skimpy tach welds broke. That was 3 years ago. Gotta have a plan.
MR VTX likes this.

2008 VTX1300R
Ultimate Seat
National Windshield - Modified
Cobra Light Bar
Hard Krome ? Pipes - 2 1/2"
Engine Guard - 1 1/4"

Last edited by jackk; 11-14-2019 at 10:24 PM.
post #186 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 03:00 AM
RBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk View Post
So what do you guys feel are the best aftermarket pipes.I think mine are hard chrome too. I had the heat shields re-welded. They started rattling and discovered some of the skimpy tach welds broke. That was 3 years ago. Gotta have a plan.

I've had Cobra's on my bikes since '05.
Lifetime warranty, (They were when I bought them so I assume that's still their warranty).

I had put Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns on my 07 1300 S at about 4K miles.

Apparently, I neglected to put the lock washer under the rear mounting bolt.

At 102K, the weight of the pipes caused a split where they connected to the crossover.
Called Cobra, they said send it to them & they'd replace it,

Turns out I had it welded, that was cheaper than shipping it back.

Democrats & Republicans- 2 Sides Of A Counterfeit Coin.

I'm Not Politically Correct - I'm Honest.

'07 1300 S XTreme Revolution Intake, Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns, Monster Baffles. 128,788 Miles R.I.P.

(New) 2014 V-Star 1300 Tourer, Lindby Hi-Way Bar, Saddle Bag Protectors, Cobra Slip-On, Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra PowerFlo Intake. Wolo Bad Boy,
ED Seat, Yamaha Light Bar.
post #187 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 11:47 AM

V&H big shots and stock pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR VTX View Post
Apparently, an exhaust system can be worn out! It wasn't a matter of if, but when. Unfortunately, HK won't do a thing about it, and it cannot be ridden in this state. With the heatshield completely severed all the way around, there is too much play in the pipes, so I cannot risk damage to the heads. Not only do I have to figure out what pipes to go with now, but I have to figure out a way to come up with the money! And my riding season was just getting started.

I'm more concerned about letting others know about Hard Krome's quality and lack of support, so no one else has to go through this.

The completely severed pipe is my original rear pipe, and the cracked one is my second front pipe.

I have these pipes sitting in my garage. the v&h are scratched up a bit so I'll sell them for $250.00 and the stock pipes I'd give to a good home.
post #188 of 188 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackk View Post
After these broke, I installed the Vance & Hines Bigshots and really liked them. But then I had the chance of a lifetime to buy brand new Roadhouse Dooleys, so I jumped on those and have been running them several years now. Iíve heard good reviews from Cobra owners, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Mark View Post
I have these pipes sitting in my garage. the v&h are scratched up a bit so I'll sell them for $250.00 and the stock pipes I'd give to a good home.
Thanks for the offer, but Iím all set with the Dooleys I have now (signature pic below).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page