My riding is suspended indefinitely thanks to Hard Krome!! - Page 3 - VTXOA
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 08:18 PM

Man that blows...sorry to hear the bad news. How far down the pipes are they cracked?

The reason i ask is maybe you can cut them to shorten them up & get back on the road. My pipes were ok but i wanted to shorten them & black ceramic coat them so i removed the shields & cut the pipes to what i have now. Just an idea...

In modern America, it's not a matter of what you know, it's WHO you know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR VTX View Post
I already have an Ultra...well, my wife does! Maybe it's time to move up!
No. Nows the time to move up to Doolies And a undertaker front fender. That would complete the look for sure.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #23 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmsleeper View Post
Man that blows...sorry to hear the bad news. How far down the pipes are they cracked?

The reason i ask is maybe you can cut them to shorten them up & get back on the road. My pipes were ok but i wanted to shorten them & black ceramic coat them so i removed the shields & cut the pipes to what i have now. Just an idea...
The cracks are about midway back, so I think cutting them before the crack would make the support problem worse. They're bolted to the rear exhaust hanger after the crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIXer View Post
No. Nows the time to move up to Doolies And a undertaker front fender. That would complete the look for sure.
Unfortunately, the Doolies are out of production...and I have no extra money anyway.

Just for grins, I may try contacting Ken @ HK again and telling him what has happened. Surely I'm the first person who has had one of their exhaust systems completely crack in half!

post #24 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 08:40 PM

I know they aren't making them anymore but they are still out there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #25 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:07 PM

Wow, that sux. After such a big investment in the pipes, you'd expect them to hold up to normal wear and tear. Looks as if the pipes were cut with a band saw. I'm surprised Hard chrome didn't replace them for you.

2005 VTX1300S

post #26 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 09:50 PM

My X had HK3's on it when I got it. I just found out what they were about 2 months ago. Knew they weren't stock. I've had the bike for 3 years. How long did you have yours on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Stay Young Forever
2005 VTX 1300R & 1997 YZF 1000R Thunderace
Falken ZE-512 205/65/15 CT

post #27 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 10:06 PM

Mr. VTX - I know you said you'd rather not...but I'll send you my stock pipes if it will keep you running til you get the ones you want. Just collecting dust now anyway. I have the Champion hardbags and even though I can't be positive on your Invicta's, they might just barely fit.
post #28 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 10:34 PM

Just do the Tractor Muffler Mod and be done with it. Quit giving those guys all that money...
post #29 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-18-2010, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayung View Post
My X had HK3's on it when I got it. I just found out what they were about 2 months ago. Knew they weren't stock. I've had the bike for 3 years. How long did you have yours on.
By this coming February, they'll have been on for 6 years. But the original front pipe was replaced in October of 2006...only a year and-a-half later...and I had to buy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson2275 View Post
Mr. VTX - I know you said you'd rather not...but I'll send you my stock pipes if it will keep you running til you get the ones you want. Just collecting dust now anyway. I have the Champion hardbags and even though I can't be positive on your Invicta's, they might just barely fit.
I really appreciate the offer, but I'm pretty sure the stockers would be too high. I'll let you know if I can use them, though. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrex1 View Post
Just do the Tractor Muffler Mod and be done with it. Quit giving those guys all that money...
Don't you have to use the stock headers for that mod?
post #30 of 183 (permalink) Old 12-19-2010, 12:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to big-x!
I have a pair of HK 3" Big Straight's that have done the same thing....granted they are 5 years old they did the same thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page