Honda VTX Forum banner

Hard saddlebags with vtx1300T mounting

851 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  alneibauer 
#1 ·
HI
I have a 09 vtx1300T and want to mount some hard saddlebags. I'd like to use the middle and rear bolts from the fender rail but see that the rear bolt is partially covered by the sissybar bracket and might not come out all the way. (Removing the bracket is problematic because of a trunk that is installed back there..long story..and I'd prefer not having to remove the bracket entirely). I've read all the past posts I can find about mounting with the sissybar bracket and wonder if this idea might work. Take a piece of steel or aluminum and cut out a notch like shown in the drawing. Back out the rear bolt as far as I can and slip the notch over the bolt then retighten. I can then bolt the saddlebag support to that piece of metal. Would save me a ton of work over removing the trunk etc. Any input appreciated.
Line Furniture Ladder

See less See more
#2 ·
Is there enough room to mount the saddle bag mounts under the sissy bar brackets(between the fender and the sissy bar brackets)? Just a thought.

#3 ·
The two forward bolts go through the brackets into the fender rail and are easy to access. The rear fender bolt is partially covered by the bracket. I get get a wrench in there from below to back out the bolt part of the way but I don't think all the way.

#4 ·
Can you remove the sissy bar then mount the bag brackets then remount the sissy bar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.