Prospect to buy: 02 1300 - What should I look for? - Page 4 - VTXOA
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-03-2015, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Good to hear. Again, it was a total coincidence they were already on the bike, but the reviews I found were generally all very positive.

-03 VTX1300S. 3" Hard Krome exhaust, Ultimate Seats, Wide Open Customs batwing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 09:59 AM

Grats on the new to you bike you stole.

2003R..................... Darkside Rebel and Proud of it. 100,000 Mile Club
Home made doolies, Crash Bar, Light Bar, Harley Bags, Reckless Batwing,
Highway Pegs, Corbin Tourer Seat, to name
some of the many mods. Leo
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Picking her up Friday. Hoping to be riding same evening if all goes well...if not, Saturday morning.

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Had to do some creative trailering (she was a little long for my friends trailer I borrowed), but we made the trip OK.

IMG_7549.jpg

Got everything shipshape and went for my first ride around 5PM.....after I had managed to kill the battery earlier and had to find out how to charge it first. Found the main battery lug under the right side trim panel where the fuse box is and put my 40A fast charger on for about 15 minutes and that did the trick.

Love it so far, can't believe how nimble it is for a big bike - it took me about 15 minutes to get reasonably comfortable and start to enjoy myself and rode for about an hour before it got dark and I headed home for dinner.

Can't wait to get out again tomorrow - looks like 3 beautiful riding days ahead - perfect long weekend!

IMG_7550.jpg

post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivatePilot View Post
Had to do some creative trailering (she was a little long for my friends trailer I borrowed), but we made the trip OK.

Attachment 60548

Got everything shipshape and went for my first ride around 5PM.....after I had managed to kill the battery earlier and had to find out how to charge it first. Found the main battery lug under the right side trim panel where the fuse box is and put my 40A fast charger on for about 15 minutes and that did the trick.

Love it so far, can't believe how nimble it is for a big bike - it took me about 15 minutes to get reasonably comfortable and start to enjoy myself and rode for about an hour before it got dark and I headed home for dinner.

Can't wait to get out again tomorrow - looks like 3 beautiful riding days ahead - perfect long weekend!

Attachment 60549
Nice set up you have but it only miss w/w tire hope you will ride all week end

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2015, 08:05 AM

Sweet! I still can't get over the price you picked it up for with all those accessories. Good investment!! Enjoy
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-10-2016, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Just thought I'd bump my old thread.

It's been quite the adventure - last winter was very mild here and I actually ended up riding at least once every month (typically very rare where I live in Canada), and the season got off to an early start.

I ended up putting over 15,000 Kilometers (~10,000 miles) on it this summer and aside from a new tire in August I did absolutely nothing (nor had any reason to) aside from changing the oil.

To my surprise my wife got interested in riding as well and I ended up buying her at Marauder 250 to start on (she had never ridden before) and after riding the wheels off it she was ready for an upgrade in early summer, so she has a Vstar 650 now. She ended up with over 5000 Kilometers (~3000 miles) in her first ever season.

I've found the bike super comfortable even for extended riding (Yay for the ultimate seats) and of course reliable. I did finally get my Hard Krome pipes quieted down (that was an adventure in it's own) and overall I'm quite pleased now.

I was riding up until about a week and a half ago but the weather has finally dropped firmly into below freezing winter like conditions...so unfortunately the season appears to be done, and the bikes are parked until it all starts again next spring.
RBS and frnkcat like this.

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Bumping this golden oldie thread again.

Coming up on having put 70,000KM (~44,000 miles) on this old girl since having bought it around 4 years ago this month. Never caused me an ounce of grief - new rubber, new brakes, and oil changes..and she keeps ticking like a Timex.

Took her 3/4 of the way across the continent this summer to Sturgis and she never missed a beat, although I did run out of horsepower a few times bucking strong headwinds across the plains while averaging 85MPH. No biggie.
Hans&Feet likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page