handlebar comfort Q's.. - VTXOA
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

handlebar comfort Q's..

My 06 1300 is all stock. The seat is ...OK but the rake of the factory bars is a little wearing on long rides. Am i best to find a comfy seat then look at bars? My brother had California cruiser bars on his bike. I did not think i would like the laid back approach.But they were comfy.Also more importantly the passenger seat seems stiff.The wife hasnt mentioned it yet but i want to be pro active.Me,6ft 200lbs her 5'5 130..2-3hr rides and a break.Is it worth the effort for this kinda riding to change seats etc..? Thanks for your thoughts.

I hope when i die my wife doesn't sell my stuff at the price i told her i bought it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 02:29 AM

If you don't change that seat, she won't be joining you for much longer.
Dartanuan likes this.

2003 1800C Black w/ H-K 3", PC III, Clearview w/s, Hondaline backrest, XM sat. radio, MB 12" shocks, Prog. fr. spgs., Wolo, SPyKER mod, Glen's gas cap, Paladins, Drag Specialties Popsicle pegs, K-N, blackened engine, Kury RTB, mirrors & r. boards, blue LED's, Rivco tach & risers, LeatherLyke bags, backrest bag, w/s tri-pouch, Gen. Altimax RT43, Mich. Cmdr. II, Ult. Lowrider, Showchrome grips. 12-18 VTXCafe Bike of the Month
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 06:29 AM

Cool

What model 1300, different bars for different models. Mustang seats are comfy, see if you can find one cheap.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 07:41 AM

If it is a 1300C I agree, the seat is very uncomfortable! That was my first X and that seat was like sitting on a brick! I would definitely get a comfy seat before changing the bars. You have a few options, the best being Ultimate. There is also Mustang, Danny Gray, Corbin and a few others, or you can have your stock seat customized by Mean City Cycles (they are very good) or at a bike festival.

After you get the seat you want then look at changing your bars. If your bike is a C, you can get a set of R bars and risers to be much more comfortable. You will just have to move your throttle cables to behind the triple trees.

Dan

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f242/soonernomo/CAM00074_zps18241eb3.jpg

'07 1800N, Ultimate Big Boy seat, USA Trailer Store fairing w/Long Ride Shields 9" windshield, Leather Lyke bags, G-Max 195/60-16 tire, MCHitch trailer hitch, Cycle Mate CM2000 trailer

Last edited by beachbumdrl; 07-09-2017 at 07:44 AM.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveroy60 View Post
What model 1300, different bars for different models. Mustang seats are comfy, see if you can find one cheap.
Its an S model. I thought the S R were just a rim designation? Thanks for the replys

I hope when i die my wife doesn't sell my stuff at the price i told her i bought it...
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 09:56 PM

S and R are the same.
I liked the mustang on the 1300.
My 1800 has the ultimate and i did 1250 miles Fri - Sun and it did well enough.

05 1300S 6901 miles at start 114600 gave to a friend.
03 1800 R
dyno results 97.55 HP 110.22 torque
Yamaha tenere adv hot ride.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-09-2017, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

Mustang keeps coming up in good reviews.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 04:43 PM

Garage
From my research, I think it is impossible to beat the Ultimate, but have heard a lot of good things about Mustang as well. I currently ride a modified Mean City Cycle seat, and it alone is 300% better than the stock seat. I'm currently looking for an Ultimate for me, but I think my wife is hoping that I find one,,,,,, for HER!!!! Good luck with the search.
Safe Riding.
beachbumdrl likes this.

2007 1800T, Memphis Shades 21", Kury Engine Bar & Pegs, HondaLine Light Bar, Ultimate Seats, Cobra Slash-Cuts, Progressive 430 Shocks & Springs, HondaLine Saddlebags, Iron Horse Tail Bag, Fender Rail, Color-Matched Radiator Housing, Show Chrome Fringe, Kury Iso-Grips, Custom Breather Cover. GO TEAM DREW!!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 04:24 PM

Garage
I've got Mustang front and back on mine, and I love them. The backrests help too. I have a C with stock bars, and I feel like I am sitting forward to often. do they make risers to bring them back to be a bit? or am I looking at different bars? don't wanna get into swapping cables and such.

'04 1300C, 47k miles, Mustang seats and backrests, Rinehart Racing exhaust, Cobra floorboards, Hondaline Light Bar, LED light kit

Stay safe, Ride often, Keep the shiney side up
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-12-2017, 06:30 PM

Garage
Russell Day, I would say are the best. Followed by the Ultimate. I have an Ultimate Big Boy and if I had it to do again it would be a RD. I would do the seats first and then Bars, But I have raised and moved mine back IDK 4 or 5 inches. Max before changing cables for sure.........ride safe safe travels

With the people left unguided, For so many troubled years
In a cloud of doubts and fears, Their world was torn asunder into hollow Hemispheres......Neal Peart

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page