Turn Signals not working - Page 2 - VTXOA
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_VTX F View Post
sorry for the delay.. YES, all switches...

nothing about "SLOW"..

I was branded "Retarded" in the 4th grade by 2 doctors..
I was just a SLOW starter...
Chuck,

I am glad you posted the "Retarded" ... "just Slow starter".

I had a long agreement speech and several examples (actually a rant) ready but lost it. So I'll do a short agreement speech with an example or two.

Yep, so many people are what I call "late bloomers". Everyone learns at a different pace and/or at a different time. Not everyone's brain is ready at the same time or to learn the same things. At other times it is attitude, nothing to do with IQ. Different subject.

My wife was labeled as "retarded" at one point. Hell, she is way smarter than I am. She graduated with full honors from high school. Took honor classes in college with mostly As (no Cs) and did the same for her M.B.A. degree at a major university. Plus she didn't mind working at a job while going to school full time. She has been extremely successful in her career.

I was and still am a very slow reader and poor speller. I wasn't given much chance at college. I went anyway. I took a reading test after I had my degree in pure math (calculus as the first course) with minors in physics, history, language arts, and business. After earning my degree I enrolled in a college class, couldn't get enough. Not really a nerd. Nor am I a proponent of "all go to college". I am big on learning a skill. There I go, trying to get on my soapbox again.

Sorry, back to the shortened agreement speech and with my personal experience.

The class I was enrolled in was all freshman except me. We were required to take a reading test. The results showed I would not graduate from college. I scored the lowest in the class of all freshman. The professor said he guessed that the test was invalid since one person in the class already had a degree and scored the lowest. It had to be me. I was the only one in the class with a degree. I later earned a master's degree.

So as you implied, slow is OK.
chuck_VTX F and DrDolittle like this.

My VTX as used on Race Tech site.I'm70 rode 07 Black Cherry VTX 1300R to 49 States+DC & 11 Provinces, 138,000mi+Yamaha RSV,37,000mi,both w/aux tank & Race Tech SuspensionIBA:Mile Eater Bronze &Silver,SS3000,3xSS2000,EclipseSS1000Gold, 19SS1000,6xBB1500,3TX1000,NPT 29/76; Lake Superior Circle Tour 15 to 20K per yr between the two MCs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 04:18 PM

Garage
everyone is different.. learn different.. and some have other issues that makes slow a little slower..

I am blind in one eye... ( from birth )... from the age of 5 to 8... doctors kept taping my good eye over.... trying to Force my bad eye to work..

well at the same time.. I started school.. so was behind in ALL subjects... for a few years..

aka ( Amblyopia )

even doctors know little...
I have outlived 2 family doctors.. and both were younger then me...

I am
anti-social
anti-normal
anti-average...
leroys73 likes this.

2005 VTX1800 F, type II, Silver Tribal, 86,000 Miles, Purchased Feb, 2005.
MTC clutch & springs.. K&N Air Filter. Garmin 2597 GPS.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 11:40 AM

Just a hint: you can buy a new switch and then just remove the parts you need to restore the old one. That gets you away from re-running the wires through the handlebar.

Tags
switch , turn signals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page