Tsukayu bags - Page 2 - VTXOA
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 02:02 PM

The Jumbo quick detach bags are impressive. They take it all. They're not just super functional but the aesthetics of the bags is unlike others. I've lost count of how many compliments I've gotten from the bags. Without the trunk, the bags turn the VTX into an stunning bagger. Really, the bags enhance the VTX's look.

These bags are specific to VTXs. You won't see them on other bikes. Make sure you get the fiberglass ones although Tsukayu's ABS bags are a lot stronger than the ABS plastic used by many other brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
The one negative is...The bags are so big I've added too much weight and actually cracked the plastic turn indicators.

Obviously the bags are attached to the grab rail at the top and can have some "up and down swing" when bouncing down the road. The swing is amplified if the stuff in the bags is too heavy. I've replaced the lenses once and can see cracks in the turn indicators housings.

Other than that no other real issues.
Do yours sit on the rear turn signals?

Mine stay solid, even when loaded to the top. If you haven't already, add some rubber/hard foam to the turn signal inserts. THat'll help with the bouncing.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack

Last edited by EuroDude; 06-16-2019 at 02:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 03:32 PM

Why are there no pictures in this thread? I expect the OP to post pics when the bags arrive.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy71 View Post
Why are there no pictures in this thread? I expect the OP to post pics when the bags arrive.
Boom!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rear.jpg (88.1 KB, 17 views)
StarrRider and smurfy71 like this.

Tsukayu VTX hard bags & Tour trunk, Saddlemen touring seat with backrest, NC custom windshield, Risers, LED lightbar, Engine guard LED lights, Cobra fatty guard, Rear engine guards, Fender rail guard, Leather tank bib, Passenger floorboards, 12v socket, ISO grips WITH bar weights, Engine chrome, Triple tree cover, Shaft cover, Fenders chrome, Progressive forks & 12.5 inch shocks, All Balls mod, Chrome clock, Adjustable trunk rack

Last edited by EuroDude; 06-16-2019 at 04:06 PM.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
Boom!

Those are nice bags.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/members...4-img-1373.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750 (sold Oct 2018 )
2008 VTX1300T

post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Sorry guys i got them last week but i was swapping out my tires and didn't want to mount them till i had both new tires back on. Rear tire is a pain in the ass without bags on already. Will get them on this week for sure. And yes i did get the fiberglass set. Haha here's a pic of them sitting on the couch. Also i believe they may have added some rubber foam where they wrap around the tail lights. Not sure if they did that before or listened to some concerns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190611_115844_1560723249632.jpg (279.4 KB, 12 views)
StarrRider likes this.
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
Do yours sit on the rear turn signals?

Mine stay solid, even when loaded to the top. If you haven't already, add some rubber/hard foam to the turn signal inserts. THat'll help with the bouncing.
Sitting in the garage, fully loaded, the bags don't sit on the turn signals but the "stock" foam pads have indention's from touching the turn signals over time riding down the highway.

With the mounting pins just above the halfway point of the bags, The mounted bags have enough flex to allow me to push the bags from the outside and come in contact with the turn indicators. Lastly, to be fair, I may have overloaded them with more than Tsukayu's maximum recommended load of 20 lbs.

The photo from Tsukayu's website shows how close the saddlebag "hole" is to the turn signal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tsukayu.jpg (181.1 KB, 2 views)

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram, on a silver-black PHANTOM bike!
Meatloaf~Bat Out Of Hell

2002 1800 "S"
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
Sitting in the garage, fully loaded, the bags don't sit on the turn signals but the "stock" foam pads have indention's from touching the turn signals over time riding down the highway.

With the mounting pins just above the halfway point of the bags, The mounted bags have enough flex to allow me to push the bags from the outside and come in contact with the turn indicators. Lastly, to be fair, I may have overloaded them with more than Tsukayu's maximum recommended load of 20 lbs.

The photo from Tsukayu's website shows how close the saddlebag "hole" is to the turn signal.
I changed to rubber pads as stock ones didn't do much. Never had the indicator lenses crack or anything similar. There's probably some manufacturing leeway as far as the bags coming to spec dimensions. In fact one of my bags sits just a hair over the indicator while the other bag is about 1/2 inch away from it. You cannot tell the difference visually and the bags look perfectly matched. As said regular rubber pads do the job very well. Avoid regular foam.

It's good the bags have a little flex as otherwise they'd break. Fiberglass flexes but also absorbs and dissipates vibrations like no other material. Mutazu plastic bags have barely any flex and as soon as they start to oscillate they crack. No such thing (cracking) with fiberglass bags like ours.

How put do your bags stay when secured? Make sure you're pressing the two metal tabs in each bag all the way down. You should hear a knock when they secure fully. Just saying this I've had this happen when I first got the bags.

BTW by flex I'm talking of being able to minimally push the chassis (and not swing it!) when bags are secured. Mine are perfect and I've loaded them over 20lbs each. The bags can take a lot more without a single issue. I actually think that these bags are one of the most-carrying-capacity bags of all motorcycles (except those aluminium boxes the BMW adv. crowd carry).

I've spent a lot of money in hard bags in the past with other bikes of mine. I cannot emphasize enough how awesome these bags are. Functionally and visually. Touring with these bags is not just awesome (for lack of a better word) but the bags also offer peace of mind in that they will not crack/break/deform when you're 2000 miles away from home. I'm so glad I paid the premium (bags ain't cheap) for this peace of mind.

Last edited by EuroDude; 06-17-2019 at 01:03 PM.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Sorry guys i got them last week but i was swapping out my tires and didn't want to mount them till i had both new tires back on. Rear tire is a pain in the ass without bags on already. Will get them on this week for sure. And yes i did get the fiberglass set. Haha here's a pic of them sitting on the couch. Also i believe they may have added some rubber foam where they wrap around the tail lights. Not sure if they did that before or listened to some concerns.

I mounted the same bags last year on my 2003 1800s. Rubber foam around the tail light still allows for some rubbing, see picture, this after about 8,000 miles, but I am no worried about it (You have to take the bags off to see it).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190617_104131[1].jpg (192.2 KB, 6 views)

2003 1800s, 88k miles
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdb View Post
I mounted the same bags last year on my 2003 1800s. Rubber foam around the tail light still allows for some rubbing, see picture, this after about 8,000 miles, but I am no worried about it (You have to take the bags off to see it).
Use thick rubber pads or automotive window stripping to layer the indicator hole on the bag. Regular foam or thin rubber padding (as comes stock) won't work.

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Ok good to know I'll definitely beef up the signals area on the bags with thicker material. Hoping to get them on tonight or tomorrow. Pics to follow.
smurfy71 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page