Tsukayu bags - VTXOA
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

So after procrastinating for a couple years i want to finally pull the trigger on some hard bags. I like the look of the tsukayu quick detach bags because of the way they wrap around rear turn signals without relocating the lights. Their website says the bags with quick detach will only work with stock pipes. Long story short i emailed and he said quick detach still work if your aftermarket pipes are lower than stock ones. Anybody have the tsukayu quick detach bags with aftermarket pipes. I've got Vance and Hines bigshots.

Last edited by Zeek; 05-17-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 PM
JPT

Garage
There are 2 designs. A regular height and a longer height. As long as your aftermarket pipes are the same or lower than the factory, the regular height bags will fit. Where you need to measure is if you want the taller bags.

My understanding is these are the best available bags for our bikes (that are actually designed for our bikes). I will be getting the taller bags in the near future. I have their GPS batwing fairing, and am very happy with it. Well worth it.

I hope to get the bags as my next winter project. Then the next winter after that, Iíll repaint the entire bike (factory silver, or come up with a 2 toned design silver and black).

2009 VTX1300R
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Interesting i only see the one size for quick detach bags. I know there is different heights for the other hard bags like jumbo strong and strong bags. Anyone that still has stock pipes measure from ground to the top of it so i can compare to my vnh pipes?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:10 PM
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
Interesting i only see the one size for quick detach bags. I know there is different heights for the other hard bags like jumbo strong and strong bags. Anyone that still has stock pipes measure from ground to the top of it so i can compare to my vnh pipes?
The jumbo are quick detach as well. I know there are a couple for the R/T/S models, Iím not sure if there are multiple sizes for C models.

2009 VTX1300R
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:03 AM

Garage
I've read your posts here and I'm not clear which VTX model you have, R/T/S or C.

I've got a 2002 S with Tsukayu VTX bags and Cobra aftermarket pipes. Gotta say, I've got lots of room between the bottom of the bags and the pipes.

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram, on a silver-black PHANTOM bike!
Meatloaf~Bat Out Of Hell

2002 1800 "S"
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:41 AM
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
I've read your posts here and I'm not clear which VTX model you have, R/T/S or C.

I've got a 2002 S with Tsukayu VTX bags and Cobra aftermarket pipes. Gotta say, I've got lots of room between the bottom of the bags and the pipes.
SeaSteve, you have the bags I can't wait to get. Looks like tons of room inside.

2009 VTX1300R
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:53 AM

Garage
The one negative is...The bags are so big I've added too much weight and actually cracked the plastic turn indicators.

Obviously the bags are attached to the grab rail at the top and can have some "up and down swing" when bouncing down the road. The swing is amplified if the stuff in the bags is too heavy. I've replaced the lenses once and can see cracks in the turn indicators housings.

Other than that no other real issues.

Meatloaf~Bat Out Of Hell

2002 1800 "S"
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Oh my bad i have a 2007 1300r. Yeah i ordered the quick detach bags already I'm excited to get them. Installation easy or a real $%#^?
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:27 AM

Garage
The installation is a simple as the YouTube video on their site.

BUT...My right bag has holes that are a little out of alignment and takes some added pushing to get them on.

Meatloaf~Bat Out Of Hell

2002 1800 "S"
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

So i ordered my quick detach bags about 2 weeks ago. They were in paint stage about a week ago and I'm hoping they ship in the next 2 weeks. I wanna put a sissy bar on so the wife feels more comfortable back there. Will any sissy bar bracket work with the quick detach saddle bags?
Merry Prankster likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page