Seat Questions - Page 2 - VTXOA
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Old Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwantin View Post
Appreciate another endorsement. Good to know. Yeah, it's a bit of scratch, but I already enjoy riding the thing, and anything that makes the ride better is probably worth it.
Save the stocker and God Forbid u sell the X...u might recoup some of the cost if needed ....
rwantin likes this.

Phil...(72)”Nobody told me I die at the end”
2006 (bought new)...1300R Candy Black Cherry,darkside,foots mod.. ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=rwantin;4609412]Appreciate another endorsement. Good to know. Yeah, it's a bit of scratch, but I already enjoy riding the thing, and anything that makes the ride better is probably worth it.[/QUOTE

You can buy the Ultimate seats one part at a time, if you look on their website, it cost the same to buy it one piece at a time except maybe for shipping.

I am 6' 165#, I ride a mid-rider on C model bike. For me, it is way better than the Mustang wide touring.
rwantin likes this.

2007 1300 C Metallic Cabernet----34, 513 miles when purchased 09/2015
Now----92,365 miles
2007 1300 C Black----4,506 miles when purchased 12-31-2016
now----27,068 miles

Last edited by 07Blackcherry; 09-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 05:49 PM

If you went any more than 2" up 2" back the stock throttle cables will be to short. When I turn all the way to the left I can see the throttle cables would be to short if I went any more on riser change. 2007r 1300 .eo
rwantin likes this.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:24 PM

I have the Corbin Dual Tour saddle on my R. Love it. Moved me back just a little bit, comfortable, with a backrest to boot.
rwantin likes this.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 09:41 PM

Location: Santa Barbara California where RED is the FASTEST color!
Another option...

Have you considered getting your current seat modified? I've had two seats modified by Mean City Cycles and I saved a ton of $$ and am very pleased with the results.

They can cut your seat to sit your further back too.

Mean City has a fantastic reputation with members on our site.
RBS, Capt. Rory and rwantin like this.

"A man's got to know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 10:43 AM

I'm 6' 1" and 208 lbs. The Ultimate lo rider seat works for me. I didn't have to add risers to get the bars adjusted. You'll sit a little lower than the oem seat but I think you'll like it.

My 2 cents.

G
rwantin likes this.

2003 VTX1300S
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 01:39 PM
JPT

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarshall View Post
I'm 6' 1" and 208 lbs. The Ultimate lo rider seat works for me. I didn't have to add risers to get the bars adjusted. You'll sit a little lower than the oem seat but I think you'll like it.

My 2 cents.

G
Have you tried an X with the Big Boy? To see which is more comfortable for your legs?

I ask, because with the stock seat I felt like my knees were too high in reference to my thighs.

2009 VTX1300R
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 02:41 PM

Garage
A short cautionary tail.

I'm 6'2" and 240lb. My Big Boy Ultimate had the drivers backrest and NO passenger pillion. After 3 years and 35K miles the seat pan did crack enough to cause the backrest to move back about an inch. It was adjustable but still not comfortable so I contacted Ultimate. Ultimate DID warranty the pan and replaced it at no cost other than shipping to them. I got the feeling, though, that Ultimate may not have pans available in the future for a bike that's out of production for 10 years. Or at least may not have the pans on hand.

Before the 1800 I had a 1300 with a Mustang "touring" seat AND passenger pillion. Both seats together had 9" of backrest making the Mustang my favorite choice for low back support.
rwantin likes this.

I'm gonna hit the highway like a battering ram, on a silver-black PHANTOM bike!
Meatloaf~Bat Out Of Hell

2002 1800 "S"
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaSteve View Post
A short cautionary tail.

I'm 6'2" and 240lb. My Big Boy Ultimate had the drivers backrest and NO passenger pillion. After 3 years and 35K miles the seat pan did crack enough to cause the backrest to move back about an inch. It was adjustable but still not comfortable so I contacted Ultimate. Ultimate DID warranty the pan and replaced it at no cost other than shipping to them. I got the feeling, though, that Ultimate may not have pans available in the future for a bike that's out of production for 10 years. Or at least may not have the pans on hand.

Before the 1800 I had a 1300 with a Mustang "touring" seat AND passenger pillion. Both seats together had 9" of backrest making the Mustang my favorite choice for low back support.
I am 6' 4 330 pounds, After about an hour and half of riding the stock seat becomes uncomfortable do you recomend the Mustang seat for long highway trips?
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 09:03 PM

Bought the lo rider seat used on theorem. I don't know how the big boy seat would fit me.

2003 VTX1300S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VTXOA forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page