VTXOA

VTXOA (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/)
-   VTX 1300 Riders Board (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/7-vtx-1300-riders-board/)
-   -   Seat Questions (https://www.vtxoa.com/forums/7-vtx-1300-riders-board/464880-seat-questions.html)

rwantin 09-06-2019 10:24 AM

Seat Questions

Yes, I did my homework and the search thing. A lot of helpful feedback was found. I have only had my 1300S a short time, but I find myself in general agreement that the stock seat is, ahem, lacking.

That said, Ultimate, Mustang, and Corbin (I've had a few Corbins on other bikes and like them a lot) all seem like pretty good options, or at least, following the anything else is an improvement notion.

Does a seat designed for an R also work for an S? It seems that way? Not sure why, but the S model is left out regarding a number of other parts for some reason (most of the stuff I see is for an R or C). Just as an example, the S isn't listed on the Corbin site. Seems like a good thing to confirm before spending real money.

I'm really liking the idea of an Ultimate, but a little torn as to which. You see, I'm not really interested in sitting lower (I'm still getting used to sitting low as it is compared to the other bikes) but not sure if the Big Boy is too much? I go 6' and 200 lb with a 34" inseam. One complaint about the stock seat is it seems to crowd me forward a little too much, so anything allowing a little more stretch out is welcome, as is feedback anyone with either the Low Rider or Big Boy and how it fits them.

Thanks (in advance)!

Engineoops 09-06-2019 10:30 AM

The big boy on my 07 1300r raised me couple inches and set me back a couple inches. my arms felt short with the big boy , I put some up 2 " and back 2" risers (cheepies off ebay)on the handlebars and I've been perfect ever since . I am 6-2 about 275lbs.33 inseam . I really love the ultimate seat . I do feel like I stretch out on the bike , legs . .. I liked the way the stock seat put me down in the bike but it killed my back.. EO

cc rider 09-06-2019 10:35 AM

Pretty sure the only difference between the R and S is the wheels.

JPT 09-06-2019 10:43 AM

Yes R/T/S are the same bike, the S just has spoked wheels.

I am 6'2" 213 lbs, I ended up with tennis elbow because of the new seating position with the Ultimate Big Boy with back rest. What happened was, I didn't realize that the adjustment of the backrest moved over time, and I went on a 900+ mile trip with it putting my arm straight out.

After I got back, I realized it and adjusted it so I am sitting more upright. I suggest if you do go big boy (I would suggest you do get the big boy), be sure to get the back rest, and adjust it so you are sitting upright, and/or get pull back risers.

rwantin 09-06-2019 10:54 AM

This is hugely helpful guys, just the kind of knowledge/experiences I was looking for. Much appreciated.

JPT 09-06-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwantin (Post 4609384)
This is hugely helpful guys, just the kind of knowledge/experiences I was looking for. Much appreciated.

The main reason I say Big Boy, is because it gives you a better leg position when riding. My legs are very comfortable now, and I hardly need to use my engine guard mounted highway pegs. Before the Ultimate, I was always trying to move my legs to get comfortable.

rwantin 09-06-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPT (Post 4609396)
The main reason I say Big Boy, is because it gives you a better leg position when riding. My legs are very comfortable now, and I hardly need to use my engine guard mounted highway pegs. Before the Ultimate, I was always trying to move my legs to get comfortable.

I'm glad I raised the question. In reading what's on the Ultimate site, it struck me that the perfect seat was probably somewhere between the two, though the Big Boy seems a bit closer to what I want to achieve. The bike has floorboards, also an adjustment for me, but I love 'em.

Is it safe to assume 2" up and back risers don't require any cable/line changes?

rwantin 09-06-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc rider (Post 4609374)
Pretty sure the only difference between the R and S is the wheels.

Thanks for this, good to know. I'm still learning. It's amazing how many parts selectors tell me it won't fit my bike, solely because the S wasn't in their system. I'm looking at it and thinking, yes, it has to fit my bike. :grin2:

TennX 09-06-2019 11:23 AM

Ive got the big boy.....61 210......risers 2up/2 back ....I know its asking a lot to invest in a Ultimate....but its the only seat u need ...unless a DayLong and that is cost prohibitive.....good luck

rwantin 09-06-2019 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennX (Post 4609410)
Ive got the big boy.....61 210......risers 2up/2 back ....I know its asking a lot to invest in a Ultimate....but its the only seat u need ...unless a DayLong and that is cost prohibitive.....good luck

Appreciate another endorsement. Good to know. Yeah, it's a bit of scratch, but I already enjoy riding the thing, and anything that makes the ride better is probably worth it.